What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Best of Richard Matheson
This topic is about The Best of Richard Matheson
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Science Fiction: About a space crew who find an abandoned spaceship with a surprise inside. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (new)

Sam Obeid | 3 comments I am trying to find the name of a science-fiction novel; story about a spaceship travelling and discovering an abandoned spaceship that looks similar to their own! They go into the spaceship, and find out a big surprise waiting got them!

I heard about the story in the year 2002

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2104 comments What was the surprise?

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam Obeid | 3 comments I am trying not to put spoilers here, but the ship they found was actually their own one!

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2104 comments Sounds like the short story "Death Ship" by Richard Matheson, which was made into the Twilight Zone episode of the same name https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_S...

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott If that's it, you can find it in the recent Penguin collection The Best of Richard Matheson.

message 6: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 474 comments I should just go through and answer every unsolved request with "It was by Richard Matheson." I'd probably have about a 37% success rate.

message 7: by Mir (new)

Mir | 714 comments Peter wrote: "I should just go through and answer every unsolved request with "It was by Richard Matheson." I'd probably have about a 37% success rate."

Lol, all the people posting about romance paperbacks would get a bit of shock.

message 8: by Sam (new)

Sam Obeid | 3 comments That's the one! just ordered it and cannot wait to start reading it!

Thank you for the answer!

message 9: by Andy (last edited Jul 14, 2018 08:32AM) (new)

Andy Love | 2104 comments Great! Glad you found your book.