YA LGBT Books discussion

Winston Yellick
This topic is about Winston Yellick
Totally Off Topic > blocked on amazon?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pup (new)

Pup Loki (puploki) | 9 comments Here is what i am asking. Has anyone ever been banned from commenting or reviewing someone on Amazon? Recently i finished a book and when i went to submit a review i got a message saying that i had a biased relationship with the author, and there for i could not comment or review. Ive paid for the book. (e-book). Ive been trying to argue the claim. i mean im a fan so yeah im biased in his favor but still. Am i going to have to create a new account? I really dont want to. I told the author and hes been nice enough in saying he will email them on my behalf as well, but i really dont want to drag him into this. Thoughts, comments?

message 2: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Pup wrote: "Here is what i am asking. Has anyone ever been banned from commenting or reviewing someone on Amazon? Recently i finished a book and when i went to submit a review i got a message saying that i had..."

Amazon has been doing this for a while--I have literally unliked most of the authors I love in order to post a review on Amazon. Apparently this is Amazon's way of making sure no one can stuff their reviews with bogus positive ones. Poorly done if you ask me.

Linda ~ they got the mustard out! ~ (linda2485) | 340 comments And because of this, I have to doubt that having the author contact Amazon on your behalf is going to persuade them otherwise.

message 4: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~ wrote: "And because of this, I have to doubt that having the author contact Amazon on your behalf is going to persuade them otherwise."

so true!

message 5: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16890 comments They have even taken down the entire multi-year back reviews of a review blog for that kind of mythical impropriety. It is hard to argue with. Just being "friends" on GR and FB sometimes triggers it.

message 6: by Pup (new)

Pup Loki (puploki) | 9 comments Its really not fair. Well. I ended up making a new account. Not sure if ill get blocked again. I will just have to wait a week or two before posting reviews. Its kind of scary though. How many other new authors have missed out on good or informative feedback because of a fan of their work having a "biased relationship" to the author. My boyfriend couldn't stop laughing when he read that.

message 7: by Pup (new)

Pup Loki (puploki) | 9 comments Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~ wrote: "And because of this, I have to doubt that having the author contact Amazon on your behalf is going to persuade them otherwise."

He was really nice about it, but yeah you are right. I don't want him getting in trouble on my behalf.

message 8: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle Jay (cheoljay) | 7 comments Never heard of this before, maybe because I don't usually order from Amazon if it's a book I can find in a store here in Sweden, but it seems wrong to have it like that. Everyone should be able to write a review. No matter if they like the author or if it's first time hearing about that person.

message 9: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16890 comments There have been issues with fake reviews, solicited or purchased by authors. But the ways Amazon chose to counter that have missed some obvious ones (companies that blatantly sell reviews) and come down on blogs and readers who are linked by social media ties that are now the norm in many smaller genres. As usual, AZ is trying to kill bugs with a sledgehammer, and with insufficient actual appeal or checking available (although some people have gotten their reviews and rights returned, many have not.)

message 10: by Pup (new)

Pup Loki (puploki) | 9 comments It just sucks. I ended up making a new account, but still. It wasn't fair. Well thanks for the response, and pms every one.