Play Book Tag discussion

The Love Queen Of The Amazon
This topic is about The Love Queen Of The Amazon
Archive: Other Books > The Love Queen of the Amazon by Cecile Pineda 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Magdalena | 414 comments This magical realism escapade set in a small town in South America in the early 20th century is pretty zany. I mean don't get me wrong I liked it but some of it was quite out there, one women literally floats around the house. However I think if you like magical realism you'll like this. I thought the way it was written was beautiful it almost lulled you into a dreamlike state. It was also a lot of fun to read and I kept catching myself smiling. Overall it was a little too unbelievable for me but I still enjoyed it.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6389 comments I love The Love Queen of the Amazon when I read it a couple of years ago with my Hispanic Book Club. 4****

Here's a snippet from My Review
This is a wonderful send-up of magical realism, with a decidedly feminist bent. .... Pineda is a wonderful writer, with beautiful phrasing, interesting characters, deliciously wicked scenes of passion, and a perfect sense of timing.

Magdalena | 414 comments Really good review! I think the way I came across this was actually when you recommended it last month for magical realism so thank you!

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6389 comments And you share a name with the lead character!

Magdalena | 414 comments I know crazy! I didn't realize that until I started reading and I was surprised. Having a fairly usual name I've never come across that in a book before. It was weird to keep reading my name over and over.