What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's Book - Carousel horse on Midsummer Eve / Summer Solstice

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Walters | 6 comments The book I am looking for is about a carousel horse that comes to life and rides off the carousel on a magical day in the summer - cannot remember if was described as summer solstice or midsummer eve, but remember that this was described as a special magical day. I recall there being a girl character, but remember little about her except she went on an adventure with this carousel horse.

I read the book as a child, so it was late 80s / early 90s. I feel the book was set in the UK and was aimed at kids under 7/8.

message 3: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Walters | 6 comments Unfortunately I cannot find one on that list that seems to be it. So frustrating that I can't recall the title!

message 4: by Melody (new)

Melody Kemble | 31 comments Is it actually called The Carousel by Liz Rosenberg or perhaps a story in The Kingfisher Book of Horse & Pony Stories, compiled by Jenny Oldfield. The story title is, "A Different Kind of Pony", by Matilda Webb, about rescuing an old worn out carousel pony under a full moon.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
Nicola, are you still looking for this or did you find it?