Holiday Books (Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc) discussion

General > Hello!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa "Aly"  Diane (alydiane0) | 1 comments Mod
This is the first board created in this new group! Here you can introduce yourselves and discuss almost anything you want. Just don't be hateful and try to keep the discussion either about yourselves or books.

message 2: by Steven (new)

Steven Lubliner | 2 comments Nice concept. I commend to you my own book A Child's Christmas in Queens. Spoiler alert: it's a Hanukkah/Christmas/interfaith/secular childhood New York memoir. Well reviewed, and, ideal for this busy season, it's short. In paperback, Kindle, and audiobook versions.
Buy it here.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Bromke (elizabethbromke) | 1 comments Hi new friends! I am a seasonal reader, which is part of the reason I found this group. I prefer whatever I'm reading to fit with the weather or season. What is everyone's favorite holiday book? Mine is probably A Christmas Carol.

Kelly (The Introverted Reader) Hi! I adore holiday books and I'm always looking for a new one to read. My favorite holiday book is Skipping Christmas!

message 5: by Steven (new)

Steven Lubliner | 2 comments "Skipping Christmas" was good, and the movie version was pretty good, too. As for holiday books, I'm biased towards mine: A Child's Christmas in Queens It's short and sweet. Well, bittersweet.

It's well reviewed on Amazon. Here's the Amazon link. In paperback, Kindle (and Kindle Unlimited), and audiobook.

Happy early holidays!

message 6: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Davies | 1 comments Hello, everyone, I'm a romance author J. M. Davies, and my first heartwarming Christmas story, An Unexpected Christmas is out on the 11th October. I loved writing this story about Jenna and Ryan, highlighting the meaning of family, forgiveness and the real meaning of love.

I hope you enjoy it to.

Blurb
Jenna Hartman is attending the movie premiere of her latest release when a breaking story emerges that destroys her image and threatens her career. Forced into hiding, and with Christmas looming, the only place to retreat is Seashell Cottage in Sandy Bay. But returning home is far from easy. It means fulfilling her mom’s final requests and facing the man who broke her heart.

Farmer by day and furniture maker by night, Ryan Cooper doesn’t have time for a serious relationship. As head of his family, he’s trying to keep the business afloat. But when Tinks—aka Jenna Hartman, the childhood sweetheart who slipped through his fingers—reappears, he can’t ignore the fiery sparks between them, even if he should.

Thrown together, they share an unexpected kiss, but is that all it is?

As they spend time together revisiting the past, will Jenna be able to forgive him? Will Ryan make her realize what’s missing in her glamorous life—a family and the chance of real love?

Check it out on Amazon
mybook.to/AnUnexpectedChristmas