Chit Chat > Chat Room

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 527 comments Mod
So, how was your day?

message 2: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

I went to "The Works" today. (it's a shop, I don't whether it's in America) They sell notepads, pens, comic books, bits and bobs, you know the odd things. Oh and they sell books(this isn't a charity shop, so they are actually brand new books). They were having a sale today, so naturally, I walk in. And the first thing I see is a copy of An Ember in the Ashes going in the sale FOR £2!
What a buy! you might say. Well, yesterday I bought An Ember in the Ashes for £8. ;-;
I'm still kicking myself over it! At least I bought the cover that I genuinely like best
£2 cover An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir vs. £8 cover An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir
And I got A Torch Against the Night (the second one) for £2 so that's a plus.
There were also some new titles in The Works like Smoke in the Sun still going for £2 (3 for £5) but I didn't bring my card and had only £2 spare change for A Torch Against the Night
Still, a happy day (and England winning the game today, made it even better)

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 175 comments I had a good and chilly day after a very exhausting week at work! I basically just stayed at home, baked a cake, read a bit in Sky in the Deep and went to ride my horse in the afternoon, which always makes me feel good. Now I'm just watching some Netflix and reading some more ;) Only wish the weekends were longer...

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 175 comments @LydiaMae btw, that shop sounds so cool and it's awsome you got these books so cheap! We don't have any stores which sell books for less/used books in my area unfortunately :/

message 5: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

⭐Anni⭐ wrote: "I had a good and chilly day after a very exhausting week at work! I basically just stayed at home, baked a cake, read a bit in Sky in the Deep and went to ride my horse in the afternoon, which alwa..."

That sounds so relaxing! How's Sky in the Deep btw? Been meaning to read it.

message 6: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

⭐Anni⭐ wrote: "@LydiaMae btw, that shop sounds so cool and it's awsome you got these books so cheap! We don't have any stores which sell books for less/used books in my area unfortunately :/"

Aw no :'( I think The Works were just having those cheap books as a store clearout--so it will be back to higher prices in a couple of weeks, I better make use of it while I can--box sets for books like Harry Potter or Red Queen for £8! Quite amazing really, I wish I'd bought more money...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I spend most of my day cooped up in a coffeeshop, trying to get some work done for uni and one of my novels and I think I drank my weight in coffee. And I bought a used copy of the Black Cauldron for a few bucks. That book was one of my faves as a child and my copy went missing years ago and I coudn't resist.

@Anni Any netflix recommendations? I've got NOTHING to watch lately

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

@LydiaMae And to think that I paid like 60 dollar for my hp boxset 😫

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 175 comments @LydiaMae I like Sky in the Deep so far! It's interesting and a fast read! And I love the world, it's not your typical ya fantasy high court/palace/whatever :)

@Lili ugh same here. I watched a couple of mediocre Netflix original shows during the last weeks. I enjoyed Ascension, but it's only 6 episodes and there won't be a second season. Plus on Netflix Germany there aren't really that many shows I want to watch, in the US or Canada they have so many more shows!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

@Anni thanks, I'll check it out! And omg I hear you. Netflix Germany is a joke in comparison to UK/US . I want to binge Teen Wolf dammit😑 And is it just me or do shows/movies just disappear overnight and randomly show up months later.

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 175 comments @Lili YES that happened to me twice already! I wanted to watch a movie and then it was gone!

message 12: by Mya (new)

Mya | 13 comments Hi, so, I am currently reading Frankenstein. I open Goodreads to update my progress in a book, and the quote that appears on the home screen is one attributed to Mary Shelley (the author of Frankenstein). I think to myself, 'Wouldn't it be fun if Goodreads personalized the quotes to be from authors who you love and are chosen based on the books you give high ratings?' . Just a thought I enjoyed thinking. Does anybody know if this is possible?
Happy reading!

message 13: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Mya wrote: "Hi, so, I am currently reading Frankenstein. I open Goodreads to update my progress in a book, and the quote that appears on the home screen is one attributed to Mary Shelley (the author of Franken..."

Hm, that'd be cool. I'm not entirely sure if it is possible, but it's a fun idea anyhow!

message 14: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Is anyone doing NaNoWriMo this month?

message 15: by Emily (new)

Emily Bard | 13 comments I was... but I kinda forgot...

Whats youre profile on it? hope Im not being stalkery, just curious ;p

message 16: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Emily wrote: "I was... but I kinda forgot...

Whats youre profile on it? hope Im not being stalkery, just curious ;p"

Not at all! My profile is: https://nanowrimo.org/participants/aq...

message 17: by Zaeris (new)

Zaeris | 4 comments I started doing NaNoWriMo, but slipped off the rails... That's okay though, I'll keep writing at the pace I can manage. :)

message 18: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Same, I'm kinda low-key participating...

MoodyReader2.0   (zjeena) | 6 comments Hey guys and gurls! How are you all?

message 20: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Amazing, thanks! How about you? Any good books you've read recently?

message 21: by Deepthi (new)

Deepthi (d-star) | 2 comments You can try the Maximum Ride series if you're into YA

message 22: by MoodyReader2.0 (last edited Nov 16, 2018 06:19AM) (new)

MoodyReader2.0   (zjeena) | 6 comments LydiaMae wrote: "Amazing, thanks! How about you? Any good books you've read recently?"

Im fine too thanks!

I'm usually always reading books recently😁. I just finished Beautiful Creatures which was nice but not so nice. It could have been written in half the total number of pages just the same. And my fav book is I'll Give You the Sun. Towards the Secret Sky is the worst book I've read so far. I also enjoyed The Sky is Everywhere (recent reads) and Snow Like Ashes.

message 23: by Emily (new)

Emily Bard | 13 comments I read Beautiful Creatures back when it was popular. I loved it but now looking back not so much. it went on for way to long too. like how many books and pages was it?!

message 24: by Mya (new)

Mya | 13 comments Hey guys, this is an interesting thing you should check out.

https://storiarts.com/blogs/feather-a...