2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE - Mod Stuff > July Monthly Message!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kadijah Michelle (kadmich) | 2176 comments Hello Members of the 2018 Reading Challenge! I'm sorry that this monthly message is so late, but I have had the dreaded summer cold, and I have also been waiting to share some exciting news. We have hit 17,000 members! When I joined this group, we had less than 6,000 members, and I am honored to be able to be able to send this message out to so many of you!

July is here, and this month we are going to leave the light on for you. So tuck in under the blankets and read those extra pages!

Group Reads: Our July theme is Light. Our group read for the month is the Goodreads Choice Award Winner, Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. Dlyn is the leader for the discussion. We encourage you to join in.
---You can also vote for our August book; the theme is Royalty. Also, you can nominate a book for September; the theme is Science!

Challenges: It's What Makes this Group our Group!
---There are 6 months left in the year, plenty of time to join our 15 yearly challenges! Even if you join a challenge now, you can still count books you have already read in 2018.
---It is the start of the 3rd Quarter and we have new challenges.
The first is Spanning the Years. This challenge was created by Meghan and was the winner 3rd Quarter Challenge Competition during our Reading Through Time Challenge. The second is specific to our 3rd Quarter Theme, Reading Through the Decades. and is aptly named Reading Through the Decades and is led by Rebecca.
---Enjoying our theme of Light, we have two monthly challenges for the group. The first is A Bit of Light Reading led by Dlyn, and the second is Light Spell Out Challenge led by Claire.

TBR Twins: If you signed up for July, your twins are posted here. Please reach out to your twin and choose a book to read together.
You can also sign up for August's TBR Twins here, and we'll pair you with someone to read a book with for the month.

Buddy Reads: We have 13 Buddy Reads for July, and we would love you have you join any one of them. We are reading, Cat and Mouse (Alex Cross #4), Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Oriisha #1), Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians #1), He Said/She Said, House of Leaves, Infiniite Jest, Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood #2), Library of Souls (Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children #2), Outlander (Outlander #1), Ringworld's Children (Ringworld #5), The Couple Next Door, The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1), and The Sign of the Four (Sherlock Holmes #2).
You can also suggest a Buddy Read here.

17,000 Plus Members! We are so glad you have found us! So please join in and have fun! If you have any questions on how to do things, please visit our Questions for Mods Thread. We can't wait to get to know you. Please stop in to introduce yourself and say hello!

Happy reading, everyone!

Kara, Kadijah Michelle, Winter, Mary Pat, Ilona, Kristin, Rachael, and Blagica

message 2: by Idontknow (new)

Idontknow (cantgetright) | 7 comments Anyone actually reading Infinite Jest?

Don't think I'd be able to finish that one in a month. I've tried starting it a few times and I want to like it, but it hurts my eyes. Never done a buddy read before but if there is a group already reading it... I can force myself maybe a few hundred pages.

message 3: by Blagica (new)

Blagica  | 12050 comments Hi It is actually being done in 2 months. 8 weeks and there is a page break down for you Mary Pat does a great job. Here is the link for you to make it easier

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Happy Reading

Blagica

message 4: by Emmanuel (new)

Emmanuel Ayeni (emmandus) | 4 comments Awesome. Keep up the good works, how do we get the nook of the month?

message 5: by Blagica (new)

Blagica  | 12050 comments Book of the month is voted on by our members you would have to get your copy from a book store or your local library