What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Summer Cool
This topic is about Summer Cool
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teen fiction - follows the stories of 4 (possibly 3) friends summer holidays. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ninke (new)

Ninke | 4 comments Major spoilers ahead!!!

This is a book I read many years ago. It is written from each girls's perspective. They split up over their summer holidays and the story follows what each of them gets up to. It is set in England.
One of the girls comes from a tennis-crazy family who are participating in wimbledon (or some other major tennis event). She gets on better with her father until she gets her period for the first time and bonds with her mother over this. She also goes to a pool party where her brother humilates her by pulling out her sanitary pads and she is comforted by a guy.
Another girl goes to spend her holidays with a guy she met on a tour that her dad headed. This guy lives in the countryside and seems like the perfect guy, but she realises that they actually don't have that much in common, and falls for his neighbour and friend (who has a super feminist mother).
The third girl goes to Brighton (I think - the seaside in any case) with her family, where she has a major crush on a guy, but ends up with his brother after painting a painting of dolphins using crushed shells (one of the dolphins looks like the guy - somehow).
I think think the fourth girl attends a summer arty thing, but I'm not too sure, so I may be wrong and there are actually only three girls.

The cover may have had a slide on it?

This book has been haunting me for years and I just can not remember the title. I would love to be able to read it again and relive some childhood memories.

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela Johnson | 79 comments Wouldn't happen to be Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants would it?

message 3: by Ninke (new)

Ninke | 4 comments Unfortunately not. I agree, it does have a very similar feel and story outline to The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants though.

message 4: by Ninke (new)

Ninke | 4 comments It might have been Cornwall instead of Brighton.

message 5: by Ayshe (new)

message 6: by Ninke (new)

Ninke | 4 comments That does sound like it. Thank you so much!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Summer Cool (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kate Petty (other topics)