#HPReadathon2018 discussion

#HPReadathon2018 > HPB: Horace Slughorn

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Drew (new)

Drew (thataleech) | 40 comments Mod
How do you feel about Horace Slughorn?
- What does his “Slug Club” say about his values?
- He argues that he isn’t prejudiced. Is that true?
- Was he that good of a teacher or did his favouritism cloud his judgement?

message 2: by Dems (new)

Dems (curlypotterhead) | 3 comments I think he values succes above all. I personally do not think Horace Slughorn is a bad person. He is just very into succes. I am not sure if he is prejudiced. I mean in what way should we specify it to? I do think he is a good teacher though. I sense a relaxed atmosphere in the Potions class which is what these students really deserved after being exposed to Snape's tortures. Usually in Potions if Hermione states her answers she is called out by Snape(the teacher) for knowing the anser and being called a know it all. With Slughorn she is awarded with points and he creates a sort of trust(but maybe also to get in Harry's good books) about the comment Harry made about Hermione being the best in class.

message 3: by Abbie (new)

Abbie Wells | 24 comments Slughorn is one of my favourite characters. above all he shows that not all Slytherins are evil which is much needed in this book series. He values success and ambition and whilst his club may appear to be prejudiced, he simply wants others to succeed (if only for his own benefit). He was a much better potions teacher than Snape, particularly as there was no house favouritism