What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young Adult Fantasy. Children with psychic abilities, main character is a psychic girl who's searching for other kids with abilities, one can control water, one is called doughboy, they're taken to a school(?). Read in 1980's?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jody (new)

Jody Robinson | 5 comments Trying to find the name of a book about children with phsycic abilities one was called doughboy and the main character was a girl. They take them to a school or something

message 2: by Cherokee (new)

Cherokee Burns (cherokeedawn) | 1 comments Maybe a book from the Dark Visions series?

message 3: by Jody (new)

Jody Robinson | 5 comments I’ll check it out

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40728 comments Mod
Jody, as you saw in the popup box when you posted your comment, please put genre and some plot details in your header. And say when you read the book. This makes your query a lot easier to solve.

message 5: by Jody (new)

Jody Robinson | 5 comments I had trouble putting anything from my phone sorry took me a million try’s

message 6: by Jody (new)

Jody Robinson | 5 comments I can’t remember much of the book I know the main character was a girl with psychic abilities she’s searching out other kids with abilities one can control water another’s name is doughboy that’s all I remember read it when I was a teenager so probably 1980’s

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Jody, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (without spoilers) using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

message 8: by Jody (new)

Jody Robinson | 5 comments Thank you I have no access to a desktop where I am right now

message 9: by K.W. (new)

K.W. Colyard (kristianwriting) | 2 comments Could it be The Girl with the Silver Eyes? I admittedly do not remember a character named Doughboy, but the rest seems like it might fit?

message 10: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments Mind-Find, Mind-Hold or Mind-Call by Wilane Belden? (I can't remember what happens in which book).

message 11: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments Oh! I think there might be a Doughboy in Children of Morrow, by HM Hoover.

message 12: by Scott (new)

Scott Kristian wrote: "Could it be The Girl with the Silver Eyes? I admittedly do not remember a character named Doughboy, but the rest seems like it might fit?"

Na, the title character was the only one with powers in that. She was an oddball (which is why I related to her so much as a kid.)

message 13: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Still looking, Jody?