Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Memoir in essay_90000

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1 comments I have an approximately 90,000 word second draft of a memoir. The book chronicles my twenties when I tried to figure out jobs, family, love, and life while traveling around the world and volunteering with primates. It is written in a series of (sometimes humorous) vignettes and essays, so it might not be for everyone. (Mentions of BPD and parental abuse, though not graphic.)
I am game to read just about anything in return (and have a lot of critiquing years under my belt) but don't feel I would be helpful with science fiction or fantasy. Have to read A LOT of YA for work, so happy to read YA even though I am like a super old adult. Would only be interested in a slow swap (first two chapters first). Just interested in reactions/ reader comments, no developmental editing.

message 2: by Rose (new)

Rose | 1 comments Hi Rachel, I have a 94k word draft of a memoir as well and am looking for someone to try swapping with. My book centers on my teenage years as a dancer. I also focus on family, love, and the challenges of the career of a dancer, as well as abuse I suffered and depression. There are a couple more intense scenes with self-harm. I'd be looking for similar things as you, like reactions and reader comments.

If you are interested in discussing a possible swap, please let me know. Feel free to send me a private message.