Addicted to YA discussion

Recommendations > Books about survival games?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chiara (new)

Chiara | 10 comments I love reading about all kinds of high stakes tournaments and competitions (I've already read The Hunger Games, Maze Runner, The Testing, Battle Royale, Dead Girls Society...), I'm halfway through Warcross by Marie Lu right now and I desperately need more! Do you have any recommendations? (the genre doesn't really matter, I'm up for fantasy, dystopian, contemporary thrillers...) Thanks in advance! :D

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily_woodal) I'm currently on the Vampire Games trilogy by Caroline Peckham. This is exactly what you're looking for. I love those books too! lol. It's a fight for your life game (kinda like the hunger games) but with vampires. I'm in LOVE with this series so far.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily_woodal) Also, the Endgame Trilogy by James Frey and Nils Johnson-Shelton. I read that last year, and its pretty interesting. Those are also high stakes and competitions :-)

message 4: by Athena (new)

Athena | 78 comments The Crowns Game By Evelyn Skye
Caravel By Stephanie Garber
Divergent By Veronica Roth
The Selection By Kiera Cass( not your typical survival type contest, but it revolves around a competition for the crown)
Three Dark Crowns By Kendare Blake
Midnight Jewel( This is the second book of the series, but this one is ten times better than the first. You don't really have to read them order.)

message 5: by Stormraised (new)

Stormraised | 47 comments Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Really wonderful book!

message 6: by Chiara (new)

Chiara | 10 comments Emily wrote: "Also, the Endgame Trilogy by James Frey and Nils Johnson-Shelton. I read that last year, and its pretty interesting. Those are also high stakes and competitions :-)"

Thank you very very much! Also I'll be forever grateful to you for making me aware that a survival game book with vampires exists! I have a thing for vampires, so it's two of my favourite things put together!

message 7: by Chiara (new)

Chiara | 10 comments Athena wrote: "The Crowns Game By Evelyn Skye
Caravel By Stephanie Garber
Divergent By Veronica Roth
The Selection By Kiera Cass( not your typical survival type contest, but it revolves around a competition for ..."

Thank you very much for this list, I've read the Selection and Divergent (so yeah, they were very good suggestions) and I will definitely check the other ones out!

message 8: by Chiara (new)

Chiara | 10 comments Stormraised wrote: "Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Really wonderful book!"

Thanks for the suggestions, I've heard so many great things about it so it's definitely gonna be on my list!

message 9: by Danielle (new)

Danielle I’m reading The Savior's Champion right now and it’s awesome, it’s a high stakes competition for the hand of the queen entered by a guy who doesn’t really want to win. It’s so good so far

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily_woodal) Chiara wrote: "Emily wrote: "Also, the Endgame Trilogy by James Frey and Nils Johnson-Shelton. I read that last year, and its pretty interesting. Those are also high stakes and competitions :-)"

Thank you very v..."

Ooo you are going to love the trilogy then! I am hooked! I love vampire stuff too and I'm so giddy over these books lol

message 11: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (caitlinobauer) | 7 comments Chiara wrote: "I love reading about all kinds of high stakes tournaments and competitions (I've already read The Hunger Games, Maze Runner, The Testing, Battle Royale, Dead Girls Society...), I'm halfway through ..."

This one isn't necessarily a competition... but definitely rocks a Hunger Games vibe. Check out #Murdertrending. Super funny and creepy--comes out next month.