Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > July Non Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (last edited Jul 05, 2018 07:34PM) (new)

Samantha | 2029 comments Mod
If you are not listening to a romance, tell us what you are listening to this month.

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Still listening to UNSUB. I didn't get a chance to listen as much as I wanted to.

Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 | 496 comments A Chase of Blood on Steel (Hobo Kingdom #1) by Dan Biermeier A Chase of Blood on Steel by Dan Biermeier

Started listening and after the first chapter I went disinterested so I DNF. Maybe I will come back to this one.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4718 comments Mod
I’m listening to Vanish by Tess Gerritsen, Rizzoli & Isles #5.
Vanish (Rizzoli & Isles, #5) by Tess Gerritsen

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Vanish by Tess Gerritsen, Rizzoli & Isles #5, and they found a narrator who can pronounce Rizzoli correctly!! Oh, and the story was really good, too:) Here’s my review.
Vanish (Rizzoli & Isles, #5) by Tess Gerritsen

Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 | 496 comments Listening to The Mother of Black Hollywood A Memoir by Jenifer Lewis The Mother of Black Hollywood: A Memoir finding this memoir very nice listening

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Listening to The Mother of Black Hollywood A Memoir by Jenifer Lewis The Mother of Black Hollywood: A Memoir finding this memoir very nice listening"

I bet her story is interesting, Debby.

message 8: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 34 comments I'm listening to The Invasion (The Call #2) by Peadar Ó Guilín This is one of my most anticipated books of the year so hopefully it will be good.

message 9: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments Started Survival of the Fritters by Ginger Bolton. There are special arrangements for cat to be in office without entering food areas since it is USA and only service animals would be allowed in those areas.

message 10: by Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 (last edited Jul 16, 2018 08:17PM) (new)

Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 | 496 comments Samantha wrote: "Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Listening to The Mother of Black Hollywood A Memoir by Jenifer Lewis The Mother of Black Hollywood: A Memoir finding this memoir very nice listening..."

Samantha....it truly is very interesting and she puts her own spin as the narrator. She experienced quite a bit when she was young. Enjoying and want to read the book after the audio.

message 11: by Samantha (new)

Thanks for sharing, Debby.

message 12: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments I was surprised how much I enjoyed Ready Player One Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1) by Ernest Cline .

Now I am trying (again!) to read and listen to Lilac Girls Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly . The book is well written and interesting- the subject matter is difficult.

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments i'm listening to Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams - it was recommmended to me by the nutrition folks that i work with - eye-opening is a good way to describe it - also very doomsday-ish - as he discusses all the research related to health implications of not getting enough sleep

message 14: by L J (last edited Jul 18, 2018 03:48PM) (new)

L J | 377 comments Finished Survival of the Fritters by Ginger Bolton. First book in series and I'm willing to try another but at end I felt I'd heard too much about some things while not knowing or understanding enough about some others

Started Elementary, She Read by Vicki Delany. Enjoying the Kelly Clare narration. Interesting variety of food and tea as well as coffee. Moriarty is the bookshop cat. Fun read for Arthur Conan Doyle readers who don't take Holmes too seriously.
ETA: Finished Elementary. Next Body on Baker Street then The Cat of the Baskervilles.

message 15: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments Body on Baker Street by Vicki Delany. Book #2 in Sherlock Holmes Bookshop series. Moriarty is bookshop cat but this is book not cat mystery. Gemma, bookshop owner operator, observes and remembers things in a similar way to Sherlock Holmes. She is charmingly baffled about why others don't see as she does and doesn't understand why they find her observations irritating. Her ex-almost fiance police detective still obviously cares for her but she has a new possible suitor that may be better at accepting her quirk. Kelly Clare narration is light and fun. She is good at doing characters without going overboard while making it easy to follow the story and who is speaking.

message 16: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments The Cat of the Baskervilles title had me expecting more of Moriarty the shop cat but there is less. Less of bookshop. Less of Gemma demonstrating Holmes quirk. Feel is less quirky and more main stream small town cozy.
Kim Hicks narration fits the book. Different tone than Kelly Clare in previous two books. Kelly Clare made me think of Gemma as a DR.WHO companion. Kim Hicks had me picturing her in Keeping Up Appearances with Gemma what Hyacinth would like to be.

message 17: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments What the Cat Dragged In by Molly Milligan. This is Celtic Witch Mystery #1 but I would describe it as a paranormal book with a mystery rather than a mystery. Like many cozy mysteries the romantic arcs go from book to book. While it wasn't what I was expecting it was entertaining. The characters are interesting, the plot intriguing, the paranormal aspects varied. Narration by Gemma Dawson is enjoyable. I read paranormal and have Welsh ancestors so may read more of this series later.

message 18: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments I finished The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand yesterday. I enjoyed the story, it had a decent mystery and the dysfunctional cast was well developed.

Overall it was a good listen, I rated it 4 stars. Now I need a easy, sweet read with a guaranteed HEA!

message 19: by Jonetta (new)

KathyB wrote: "I finished The Perfect Couple by Elin HilderbrandThe Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand yesterday. I enjoyed the story, it had a decent mystery and the dysfunctional cast was well ..."

I’ve pondered this one so that feedback helps. Thanks, Kathy!

message 20: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments Jonetta wrote: "KathyB wrote: "I finished The Perfect Couple by Elin HilderbrandThe Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand yesterday. I enjoyed the story, it had a decent mystery and the dysfunctional..."

It worked for me, and I really enjoyed the narration by Erin Bennett. Elin's stories have so many loose ends, it drives me a little crazy. In a perfect world, I'd love every book to end with an epilogue to wrap everything up. Obviously why I gravitate towards romance novels, I love a HEA.

message 21: by Jonetta (new)

KathyB wrote: "It worked for me, and I really enjoyed the narration by Erin Bennett. Elin's stories have so many loose ends, it drives me a little crazy. In a perfect world, I'd love every book to end with an epilogue to wrap everything up. Obviously why I gravitate towards romance novels, I love a HEA...."

I just put the audiobook on my library wishlist.

message 22: by Samantha (new)

I haven't read an Elin Hilderbrand book in ages. She was my summer beach time reads.

message 23: by Samantha (new)

Listening to The Night Bird by Brian Freeman The Night Bird (Frost Easton, #1) by Brian Freeman . So far the story is very intriguing. The narrator makes everyone sound a bit older but I am still enjoying it.

message 24: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin, and loved it so much I finished it in one day. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to The High Season by Judy Blundell.
The Thief (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #16) by J.R. Ward All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin The High Season by Judy Blundell

message 25: by Samantha (new)

Finished The Night Bird by Brian Freeman The Night Bird (Frost Easton, #1) by Brian Freeman and it was good. I will most definitely continue the series.

message 26: by Samantha (new)

Now I'm listening to Into the Black Nowhere by Meg Gardiner Into the Black Nowhere (UNSUB, #2) by Meg Gardiner . I enjoyed book 1 so much, I reserved book 2 at the library and was so happy that the audio came in :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.