¤ Between The Pages ¤ discussion

GENERAL > ¤Weekend Read-A-Thon¤

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mags (new)

Mags Hi there! This is pretty much a last minute Topic haha. I've randomly decided to start a Read-A-Thon, since my reading has been put aside for quite a while now and I really want to get back to it.

For me, it'll start tomorrow morning, probably around 10am. Anybody can join and this will be a totally free R-A-T. You can put up your own challenges as we go and we'll just talk about how everybody's doing with their reading.

I just needed a little boost, and I assume some of you did as well :)

Now happy reading, I'll be going to sleep shortly to prepare myself for tomorrow hahaa.

Read-A-Thon will be from the 6th of July to the 8th of July at midnight wherever you are. :)

message 2: by Jesa (new)

Jesa Burgoyne | 1 comments I’m in!

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan (iamsusaniguess) | 6 comments Me, too! Probably be reading mostly manga, though

message 4: by Lars (new)

Lars (herodotvonhalikarnassos) | 56 comments I'm about to start The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson
What are you guys reading?

message 5: by Krystal (new)

Krystal Peterson | 1 comments I’m in! Got two books to read through

message 6: by Angelica (new)

Angelica Cindy (unicornprincess_54) | 20 comments I'm really excited!!! Even though I probably won't even finish a book 🙈 But it's good to help me read more

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 41 comments Hello everyone!! I'd definitely like to join, even though I must admit that I have absolutely no idea which book I'll start. 😂 I just finished the last 30 or so pages of the book I was reading after coming he from work today - so already one book finished! ✌

message 9: by Mags (new)

Mags Well I'm currently reading the fifth book in the Arielle Queen series (by Michel J. Levesque). I'm absolutely loving it.
Bunker 55 (Arielle Queen, #5) by Michel J. Lévesque

I'll try to finish the sixth one as well and maybe a few mangas through the weekend.

@Lars ooohh is that series good? I've seen a lot of great reviews but I'm still unsure about it.

message 10: by Lars (new)

Lars (herodotvonhalikarnassos) | 56 comments Yes, the Mistborn series is phenomenal, or at least the first book is. It has everything: Complex characters, good world building (not your run-of-the-mill fantasy world), thrilling plot with good twists.
I'm not so sure about the second one yet, but I've only read a third of the book, yet. I'm slightly irritated because the author chose to put in explanations for all the things that the reader learned in part one. This is probably getting on my nerves because I read the first part directly beforehand, though XD
Plus there is a really complex plot being developed from several different points of view, so the action is coming along quite slowly at this moment...

message 11: by Angelica (new)

Angelica Cindy (unicornprincess_54) | 20 comments I just finished
Shadowsong (Wintersong, #2) by S. Jae-Jones
The book was so beautiful and so amazing, I LOVED it!!!
My next read is going to be
Daughter of the Siren Queen (Daughter of the Pirate King, #2) by Tricia Levenseller

message 12: by Mags (new)

Mags Well I'm off work tomorrow, so I guess the marathon continues for another 24 hours for me :3
You can continue with me if you want