Happily Ever After Book Club discussion

Recommendations > Looking for....Regency Marriage of Convenience

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
I've been on a regency kick lately and I'd love to find a good Marriage of Convenience storyline. I'd love some recommendations of books you've loved with this troupe! Thanks!!

message 3: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle | 1 comments I really enjoyed The English Garden series by Lori Wick! The second book in the series, The Rescue, is one of my all time favorite books. Some people don't like how perfect her characters are but I find them very diverting.

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Rochelle wrote: "I really enjoyed The English Garden series by Lori Wick! The second book in the series, The Rescue, is one of my all time favorite books. Some people don't like how perfect her characters are but I..."

Thanks for the suggestion! I've read one other book by Wick a long time ago and remember liking it. I look forward to trying this series. :)

message 5: by Marlene (new)

Marlene | 252 comments Flame and Ember by M. A. Nichols

I'm reading the next one right now, though this next one isn't going to be a marriage of convenience story. :-)

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie Gastler | 6 comments Lord Fenton's Folly. I think all the rest I've read are already in your list there.

message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie Gastler | 6 comments I've also read An Uncommon Courtship by Kristi Ann hunter, though it was my least favorite in the series (but the only marriage of convenience.

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie Gastler | 6 comments Ooh, the Reluctant Duchess! But it's part of a series that makes much more sense if read in order (The Lost Heiress is where it starts).

message 9: by Nanci (new)

Nanci | 4 comments The Reluctant Widow by Heyer is a different take on a Marriage of Convenience.

message 10: by Kathy Jo (last edited Sep 15, 2018 08:03PM) (new)

Kathy Jo (kjincali78) | 186 comments Mod
Marlene wrote: "Flame and Ember by M. A. Nichols

I'm reading the next one right now, though this next one isn't going to be a marriage of convenience story. :-)"

I just recently read Flame and Ember. Had it not been for Mina, I probably would've stopped reading. Lol. I nominated it for a Swoony Award. ;o) I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series!

message 11: by Marlene (new)

Marlene | 252 comments Kathy Jo wrote: "I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series!"

Kathy Jo, I finished it and was pretty impressed by the author's handling of the premise. I was nervous going into it. Here's a link to my review:

A True Gentleman by M. A. Nichols