What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Creep
This topic is about The Creep
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. 80's fiction: teenage girl goes undercover as child after the kid she babysits for is attacked. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TIffany (new)

TIffany Mueller | 3 comments Detective starts dating the mom. Dead dad. Grandfather lives with them. I think he fishes? Or used to be a boxer? tough old coot. I think kid's name was Annie? Find out in the middle of the book the mom was molested as a kid. Ends up catching the guy and when he sees her wire she screams I'm a cop!

I have NO clue why this book crossed my mind today, but I remember reading it multiple times.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36503 comments Mod
Tiffany, is this book for young adults (teens) or older adults?

How does the teenage girl go undercover as a child?

What's the time period and location (country, region, big city/small town)?

message 3: by TIffany (new)

TIffany Mueller | 3 comments The teenage girl looks really young, with right clothes and hair she looks 9. She’s good at art. I want to say it was YA. Smallish town, woods behind her house

message 4: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments I’m sure this has been requested before. I remember the discussion about a teenager able to pass as a child, but for some reason, the search discussion posts doesn’t seem to be working today.

Anyone else having the same issue?

message 5: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4324 comments The Creep maybe?

message 6: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4324 comments Kym wrote: "I’m sure this has been requested before. I remember the discussion about a teenager able to pass as a child, but for some reason, the search discussion posts doesn’t seem to be working today.

Any..."

Yes, the inability to find that other thread was torturing me since yesterday. This is the one I remembered: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

And yes, search doesn't seem to work for me, either, I just searched for "trunk" again - no results, despite it being in the other thread.

message 7: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments That’s the one I was thinking of. Thanks Ayshe and I’m glad I’m not the only one having trouble with the search feature.

message 8: by TIffany (new)

TIffany Mueller | 3 comments omg yes, this is it... thank you!! It was driving me nuts!!!

message 9: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments Nice one Ayshe.

message 10: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4324 comments You're welcome, Tiffany! Me, too - the search for that other thread :)

Thank you, Kym, I posted about the search issue here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Creep (other topics)