The Catholic Book Club discussion

General > What are you reading now?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Doreen (new)

Doreen Petersen I am currently reading The Wisdom of John Paul II by Nick Bakalar The Wisdom of John Paul II by Nick Bakalar. Was wondering what others may be reading.

message 2: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Cavallo (amcavallo) | 1 comments Currently I'm reading: Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma

message 3: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine Myers | 268 comments To Light a Fire on the Earth, by Bishop Robert Barron

message 4: by John (last edited Jul 09, 2018 03:38AM) (new)

John Seymour | 1968 comments Mod
The Life of St, Catharine of Sienna :-) I will finish this month.

Moby Dick - Just starting for another book club, I think the plan is to read it over a two month period.

Dante: Purgatory - Also just starting for another book club, same schedule, I think.

It Starts with Food - nutrition, ugh a chapter at a time.

A Theology of Liberation - Marxist gibberish, a chapter at a time is about all I can take.

El reino de este mundo - Spanish, I seem to do best reading a chapter at a time, then putting it down for a week or so.

La Bible de Jerusalem - I've just started reading the Bible in French. I expect it will take me 4 - 5 years.

Outlaws of the Marsh - I'm about half way through this 2000+ page Chinese classic (the English translation, of course).

message 5: by Bice (new)

Bice (bicebeechay) | 111 comments I am half way reading One Beautiful Dream by Jennifer Fulwiler. This book is both light and profound. Some antidotes made me LOL literally. (Pun intended). I was gratified by the serious spiritual passages. Her first book Anything But God is in my Kindle library so will be reading that ASAP.

message 6: by Bice (new)

Bice (bicebeechay) | 111 comments PS I like this question as it prompts me to add more books to my Want to Read list.

message 7: by Doreen (new)

Doreen Petersen Bice wrote: "PS I like this question as it prompts me to add more books to my Want to Read list."

You're exactly right Bice. It's giving me many good ideas too!

message 8: by Frances (new)

Frances Richardson | 104 comments How God Became King: The Forgotten Story of the Gospels, by N.T. Wright

Things That Matter, by Charles Krauthammer