Beyond Reality discussion

All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1)
This topic is about All Systems Red
Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > All Systems Red -- ROLL CALL and First Impressions **NO SPOILERS!!**

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nick (doily) | 977 comments Please let us know if you are reading or plan to read All Systems Red by Martha Wells .

Please, **NO SPOILERS** in this thread

message 2: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kathi | 3374 comments Mod
Planning to read later this month.

message 3: by Bruce (new)

Bruce (bruce1984) I've started it an I'm enjoying it so far. It has a refreshing and original feel to it, not too series and a lot of fun.

message 4: by Nick (last edited Jul 10, 2018 01:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nick (doily) | 977 comments Some really good commentaries on the series nature of this read are found in the "finished reading" thread. --but if you are annoyed by spoilers of any kind, I would stay away.

The commentaries have to do with availability of future volumes in the series when there are limited accesses to libraries.

That in and of itself is a good discussion in any thread, so if you wish to comment on inability to access a good library, feel free to do so here.

message 5: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 3 stars

Didn’t quite get to this in July, but it’s up first in August!

Jason Powell Just started reading it... I like it so far. It is an interesting perspective. I was reading some of the 1 star reviews (I like to do that for fun)... wow, those people are brutal. If I need a good laugh I'll read some more of those.

message 7: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 3 stars

Just an FYI—the first 4 novellas in the Murderbot Diaries are available for free, one per day, in anticipation of a Murderbot novel coming out in May.

https://www.tor.com/2020/04/20/downlo...

Random (rand0m1s) | 899 comments Kathi wrote: "Just an FYI—the first 4 novellas in the Murderbot Diaries are available for free, one per day, in anticipation of a Murderbot novel coming out in May.

https://www.tor.com/2020/04/20/downlo...-..."

That's nice to know. Those things have been way more expensive than they should be given they are only novellas

message 9: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim (jimmaclachlan) I've been enjoying these tremendously, but as audiobooks free from the library. I agree that they're pricey to buy.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

All Systems Red (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Martha Wells (other topics)