Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

HELP! > Word Online

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helen (new)

Helen (helenpicca) | 48 comments For any writers using Word Online, I need help. I am struggling with page numbering. I have inserted a section break before the Introduction--where I want page numbering to start and got that to start at page number 1. But the prior section (title, dedication, TOC) is numbered 1-6. How can I eliminate page numbering in prior section? There must be a way?

message 2: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments Can you click on the header or footer and delete it from there?

message 3: by Helen (new)

Helen (helenpicca) | 48 comments No, when I delete the numbers from section 1 it deletes the numbers from both sections--the whole document.

message 4: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments Then I’m not sure. I thought the section break before the page number would have taken care of it. Maybe someone else will be along in a bit.

message 5: by Helen (new)

Helen (helenpicca) | 48 comments Thank you to my fellow writers here and on Facebook who helped me resolve this issue. I knew there had to be a way, but Microsoft wasn't giving me any help. Thanks again to this wonderful community!

message 6: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments Glad you managed to fix it. What did you do in the end?

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1182 comments Was it to click the 'unlink to previous...' button?

message 8: by Helen (new)

Helen (helenpicca) | 48 comments No. I used the different first page button to eliminate the page number on the title page and then switched the first section to roman numerals. Worked out exactly as I wanted it.

message 9: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments I can never remember that stuff when I have to do it for each book. Then I have to relearn it and forget it again!

message 10: by Helen (new)

Helen (helenpicca) | 48 comments I wrote it down for next time, because I know I won't remember it.

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread