2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1)
This topic is about Crazy Rich Asians
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2018 > Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians #1)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss Kevin Kwan‘s book, Crazy Rich Asians.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: Brittany, Missy

message 2: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 104
Week 2: 104
Week 3: 104
Week 4: 104

Missy | 26 comments I’ll be starting this in the next few days.

Missy | 26 comments I just finished reading/listening to this.

message 6: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Morrison | 404 comments Missy wrote: "I just finished reading/listening to this." I’m reading a physical copy and there are tons of footnotes explaining different terms and the importance of different people etc. Just wondering how/if the footnotes were explained in the audio version.

Missy | 26 comments Brittany wrote: "Missy wrote: "I just finished reading/listening to this." I’m reading a physical copy and there are tons of footnotes explaining different terms and the importance of different people etc. Just won..."

I have a pdf version and it does have footnotes. I found them very helpful with translations and the different family trees too. There were SO many people in this book, I’m glad I had something to help me out with that issue.

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Morrison | 404 comments So many characters! For some reason I thought it was going to be mostly from Rachel’s POV or a third person, I honestly wasn’t expecting all these different POVs.

Missy | 26 comments Brittany wrote: "So many characters! For some reason I thought it was going to be mostly from Rachel’s POV or a third person, I honestly wasn’t expecting all these different POVs."

You are so right! I don’t think I expected that either. I don’t think I’ve ever read a book with so many characters and POVs as this one.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Crazy Rich Asians (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kevin Kwan (other topics)