Horror Aficionados discussion

Book Recommendations > Horror Erotica

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurie (last edited Jul 05, 2018 09:10AM) (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Hey, everyone! I need some 2018 indie releases of well written (not those fly-by-nighters with the silly names) erotic horror for a project I'm working on. Do you know of any? If so, please share! Think the old Hot Blood collections, Hot Blood: Tales of Erotic Horror, Lucy Taylor Unnatural Acts And Other Stories, The Sadist's Bible, 400 Days of Oppression. I am having a heck of a time finding 2018 darker erotic/monster books. There must be some out there!

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments Well I didn't even know this was a sub-genre! Sounds fun though, I'm in.

message 3: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments It used to be a sub-genre but I'm not so sure anymore :( I'm having zero luck finding decent 2018 releases of erotic horror. I'm probably the only weirdo who reads it.

message 4: by Melanie (last edited Jul 05, 2018 11:53AM) (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments Bark wrote: "It used to be a sub-genre but I'm not so sure anymore :( I'm having zero luck finding decent 2018 releases of erotic horror. I'm probably the only weirdo who reads it."

Nah, just the only one who admits it! I like good erotica, it's so hard to find ( 50 shades is NOT what I consider good) and always end up going back to either Anais Nin if I'm feeling in a 'literary' mood or Karen Marie Moning if I just want a bit of fun. My only exposure to sex and horror is Laymon who is clearly a misogynist so I avoid him like the plague. Why do so many men think going rapey constitutes good horror?

message 5: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments I think sex and horror can go together quite effectively if done in the right hands but you're right, too many think rape = erotic horror. Nope.

message 6: by Randy (new)

Randy Money | 329 comments Haven't read it, but how about Ramsey Campbell's Scared Stiff: Tales of Sex and Death?

message 7: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Randy wrote: "Haven't read it, but how about Ramsey Campbell's Scared Stiff: Tales of Sex and Death?"

That's a good one! I read it waaaaay back when :) They seem terribly difficult to find in 2018 :(

message 8: by Randi (new)

Randi | 6 comments Maybe this Kraken by M. Caspian It was out of my comfort zone but I really liked it. I read it for the Dark Erotica group. You might want to go there and ask for recommendations.

The only other place I can think of is Literotica. They have tons of Erotic Horror.

message 9: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2492 comments Good pick Randy, I should have thought of it.
My review of Kraken: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...