What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fiction novel between young mods and rockers that skips forward to adulthood still dealing with past trauma. Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liam (new)

Liam | 5 comments I read a book around 2003 where the main protagonist is a young mod. Him and his friends keep getting chased by rockers. Set in the sixties I think. One of the young mods is found dead with badges pushed in his skin. It skips to adulthood and the main character is still tormented by his friends death. As far as I remember he hit his revenge on the murderer pushing pins in his skin like his dead friend had done to him. This is a vague recollection but I think he book ends with him hanging himself at home as his wife or daughter comes through the door to find him. Any help would be greatly appreciated just so I know I didn’t dream up the whole thing

message 2: by Liam (new)

Liam | 5 comments It had a thriller type vibe to it if I remember right and i think it was set in Brighton

message 3: by Liam (new)

Liam | 5 comments I think the cover was white with a mod logo on it

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40602 comments Mod
Brighton Rock maybe?

message 5: by Liam (new)

Liam | 5 comments Maybe? Help please

message 6: by Kris (last edited Jul 11, 2018 04:10PM) (new)

Kris | 36488 comments Mod
Brighton Rock by Graham Greene:

- Here's a summary (with spoilers) and list of characters: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighto...

- Here's the Google Books preview: https://books.google.ca/books?id=kieD... There are different cover images.

message 7: by Liam (new)

Liam | 5 comments Don’t think this is it but sounds like a good read think I’ll give it a go

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40602 comments Mod
Liam, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Brighton Rock (other topics)
Brighton Rock (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Graham Greene (other topics)