We Read Stuff discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Books of the Month Nominations > August 2018 Graphic Novels, Comics, & Manga Nominations

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) As there seems to be interest in doing so I am going to add two Sequential Art (graphic novels/comics/manga) picks of the month in addition to the two books of the month. I'll go ahead and start this for August with the nominations still ending on the 15th. For August I will say any genre goes and starting in September we will stick to the genre of the month.

A few reminders about nomination rules:

- Each member may make one nomination AND one second for a book that has already been nominated.

-If you want to only nominate or only second a book without nominating anything that is fine.

- If we get more than 10 nominations then the 10 books with the most seconds will go to the poll.

- For this category nominees must be Graphic novels, manga, or comics

- There are no minimum page counts

-Needs to be first in a series or a stand alone unless the group has already read the volume/issue in the series that came before the one being nominated.

- Nominations will close the afternoon of July 15th

message 2: by Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (last edited Jul 11, 2018 08:43PM) (new)

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Nominations:
The Beauty, Vol. 1 by Jeremy Haun Mouse Guard Fall 1152 (Mouse Guard, #1) by David Petersen Monstress, Vol. 1 Awakening (Monstress, #1) by Marjorie M. Liu American Vampire, Vol. 1 by Scott Snyder

-Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening by Marjorie M. Liu (Writer), Sana Takeda (Artist), Rus Wooton Letterer, Designer), Jennifer M. Smith (Editor) *[1 Second]

-The Beauty, Vol. 1 by Jeremy Haun, Jason A. Hurley, John Rauch (Colorist), Fonografiks(Letterer)*[1 Second]

-Mouse Guard: Fall 1152 by David Petersen

-American Vampire, Vol. 1 by Scott Snyder (Writer), Stephen King (Writer), Rafael Albuquerque(Illustrator)

message 3: by Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (last edited Jul 04, 2018 09:50PM) (new)

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) I will nominate The Beauty, Vol. 1

The Beauty, Vol. 1 by Jeremy Haun

message 4: by Ian (new)

Ian (setaian) It's a few years old now but I love the art in Mouseguard so I'll throw that into the ring.

Mouse Guard: Fall 1152

Mouse Guard Fall 1152 (Mouse Guard, #1) by David Petersen

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Desiree wrote: "Monsteress by Marjorie Liu"

I’m gonna second this one, I was actually torn for a good while between nominating this or the beauty.

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Don't forget nomination close Sunday so be sure to get them in if you have anymore :)

message 7: by Lattisha (last edited Jul 11, 2018 10:41AM) (new)

Lattisha Fox (indigoinsane) | 31 comments I want to second Beauty and nominate American Vampire, Vol. 1 American Vampire, Vol. 1 by Scott Snyder

1920's Hollywood horror with vampires just screams summer read to me.

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Lattisha wrote: "I want to second Beauty and nominate American Vampire, Vol. 1American Vampire, Vol. 1 by Scott Snyder

1920's Hollywood horror with vampires just screams summer read to me."

Sounds interesting

message 9: by Lattisha (new)

Lattisha Fox (indigoinsane) | 31 comments Scott Snyder does some of his best writing here and Rafael Albuquerque art is so good, I am semi stalking him now. I am so glad to have a legit vampire horror story to always recommend!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.