Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Challenge Theme: Exploring GR > Historical Fiction - Round 2

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31616 comments Mod
Logo Design by FlamingText.com

This challenge lasts for 1 year from the date you start

You ever wondered what everyone else is reading in a certain genre? Are you in a funk and just need some suggestions? Or have read through all your TBR and you are looking for your next favorite book?

In this Challenge Theme, we will take a random week and list all the most read books that week in Goodreads for various genres.

Explore the different books your fellow Goodreaders are reading to find your next book.

Logo Design by FlamingText.com

The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah The Tuscan Child by Rhys Bowen The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan Circe by Madeline Miller White Rose, Black Forest by Eoin Dempsey The Alice Network by Kate Quinn Pachinko by Min Jin Lee Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah The Things We Don't Say by Ella Carey The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles Sea of Memories by Fiona Valpy All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr In Farleigh Field by Rhys Bowen The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell by Robert Dugoni Without a Country by Ayşe Kulin Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly Warlight by Michael Ondaatje How to Stop Time by Matt Haig Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders The Key by Kathryn Hughes Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young The Plastic Magician (The Paper Magician, #4) by Charlie N. Holmberg The Letter by Kathryn Hughes We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang The Home for Unwanted Girls by Joanna Goodman Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi Lady In Demand (The Langley Sisters, #2) by Wendy Vella I'll Be Your Blue Sky by Marisa de los Santos A Column of Fire (Kingsbridge, #3) by Ken Follett Dreams of Falling by Karen White De Amerikaanse prinses by Annejet van der Zijl Love and Ruin by Paula McLain The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff Born Survivors by Wendy Holden The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck Every Exquisite Thing (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #3) by Cassandra Clare The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1) by Katherine Arden The Broken Girls by Simone St. James A Quiet Life in the Country (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries #1) by T E Kinsey The Beekeeper's Promise by Fiona Valpy The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman Go Set a Watchman (To Kill a Mockingbird, #2) by Harper Lee Tangerine by Christine Mangan The Silent Woman by Terry Lynn Thomas The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne The Gray Ghost (Fargo Adventure, #10) by Clive Cussler Paris Time Capsule by Ella Carey The Stolen Marriage by Diane Chamberlain Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys Heart of Eden (Colorado Hearts, #1) by Caroline Fyffe The Highlander's Promise (Highland Brides #6) by Lynsay Sands Burying the Honeysuckle Girls by Emily Carpenter Munich by Robert Harris Commonwealth by Ann Patchett Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline From a Paris Balcony by Ella Carey The Girls by Emma Cline Varina by Charles Frazier The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane A Novel by Lisa See The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon Carnegie's Maid by Marie Benedict Ghost Boys by Jewell Parker Rhodes Stay with Me by Ayobami Adebayo News of the World by Paulette Jiles Smoke in the Sun (Flame in the Mist, #2) by Renee Ahdieh The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry The Sapphire Trader's Secret by Dinah Jefferies The Seven Sisters (The Seven Sisters, #1) by Lucinda Riley Too Wilde to Wed (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #2) by Eloisa James The Girl in the Tower (Winternight Trilogy, #2) by Katherine Arden My Mother's Secret by J.L. Witterick Die Henkerstochter und der Rat der Zwölf (Die Henkerstochter #7) by Oliver Pötzsch The One Man by Andrew Gross Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs Cast Long Shadows (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #2) by Cassandra Clare The Room on Rue Amélie by Kristin Harmel A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline The Address by Fiona Davis The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1) by Richelle Mead The Stars Are Fire by Anita Shreve My Dear Hamilton A Novel of Eliza Schuyler Hamilton by Stephanie Dray Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller To Die but Once (Maisie Dobbs, #14) by Jacqueline Winspear The Designer by Marius Gabriel The Hellfire Club by Jake Tapper The War that Saved My Life (The War That Saved My Life, #1) by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley Island of the Mad (Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes #15) by Laurie R. King The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton The Care and Feeding of Your Captive Earl (What Happens in Scotland, #3) by Kate McKinley The Widows of Malabar Hill (Perveen Mistry, #1) by Sujata Massey White Houses by Amy Bloom

Experimenter: 1 -5 books
Searcher: 6 - 10 books
Pathfinder: 11 - 15 books
Traveler: 16 - 20 books
Pioneer: 21 - 25 books
Adventurer: 26+ books

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jul 04, 2018 08:41PM) (new)

Amethyst Coin Challenge Themes ~ Amethyst Coin Amethyst Coin

Earn your Amethyst Coins with the Reading Challenges. Must Join a participating Reading Challenge on or after April 1, 2016.

To Earn an Amethyst Coin:
Amethyst Coin One Coin upon completing Adventurer level

Learn about Gem coins here

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 6: by Heather (last edited Sep 07, 2018 05:44PM) (new)

Heather | 5 comments Going for Adventurer level

5/26

Began July 5, 2018

1. Love and Ruin by Paula McLain
2. The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry
3. The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
4. Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
5, News of the World by Paulette Jiles

message 7: by Cheryl (last edited Dec 29, 2018 07:52PM) (new)

Cheryl | 905 comments Historical Fiction 2
July 1, 2018-July 1, 2019
28/26

1. Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan
2. The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
3. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
4. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
5. Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
6. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
7. Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
8. We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter
9. Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
10. The Orphan Train by Pam Jenoff
11. Born Survivors by Wendy Holden
12. The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
13. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
14. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
15. Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
16. Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
17. From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon
18. The War that Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
19. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
20. The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry
21. The Address by Fiona Davis
22. Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
23. Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
24. The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
25. The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
26. The Designer by Marius Gabriel
27. The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell by Robert Dugoni
28. My Dear Hamilton by Stephanie Dray

Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan The Alice Network by Kate Quinn The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline Born Survivors by Wendy Holden The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1) by Katherine Arden Go Set a Watchman (To Kill a Mockingbird, #2) by Harper Lee Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys Commonwealth by Ann Patchett Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon The War that Saved My Life (The War That Saved My Life, #1) by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry The Address by Fiona Davis Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris The Designer by Marius Gabriel The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell by Robert Dugoni My Dear Hamilton A Novel of Eliza Schuyler Hamilton by Stephanie Dray

message 9: by Katherine (last edited May 04, 2019 08:18AM) (new)

Katherine | 298 comments 💝💝💝💝💝 Historical Fiction - Round 2 💝💝💝💝💝 6th July - 6th July 2019.

💝 The Key
💝 The Plastic Magician
💝 The Prince and the Dressmaker
💝 The Bear and the Nightingale
💝 The Essex Serpent
💝 The Seven Sisters

The Key by Kathryn Hughes The Plastic Magician (The Paper Magician #4) by Charlie N. Holmberg The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1) by Katherine Arden The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley

message 10: by Kalyn (new)

Kalyn | 117 comments Historical Fiction - Round 2
Experimenter: 1 -5 books

message 11: by Elize (new)

Elize Russell (bookscookslooks) | 95 comments I would LOVE to join this! I will come back as I read them!

message 12: by Cindy III (last edited Sep 22, 2018 01:42AM) (new)

Cindy III | 55 comments Historical Fiction Round 2
Level: ?

The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1) by Katherine Arden
The Girl in the Tower (Winternight Trilogy, #2) by Katherine Arden
Ghost Boys by Jewell Parker Rhodes

message 13: by Viji (new)

Viji | 389 comments Historical Fiction - Round 2
Searcher: 6 - 10 books