Green Group discussion

Green Group Authors > Free Ebook Smashwords, Ecological NightMare

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Zwilling | 2192 comments Free EBook On Smashwords
Amazon PaperBack $11.75

Asteroid Fever extrapolates situations in current times to illustrate possible obstacles in the path of progress 20 years from now. It deals with food, energy, space mining, the changing climate and political dreams.

It's Earth 2037, where people eat genetically medicated food or sip insect plasma laced with Martian microbes. Mining asteroid dust has revitalized civilization providing unlimited energy and resources. Asteroid Fever has replaced gold fever, with murder, plundered mining ships, treasures awarded by musical chairs, and detectives who can see the past imprinted on solid surfaces when they feel like it.

Everyone is gaming the system but only those who don't play are winning this time around. Prezz Gredloy’s dream of conquering Free Space collides head on with the Queen of Sippers clandestine plans for a one way trip to the stars. Will the mysterious Streamers, tourists’ brains hijacked by wayward medical nanobots, be able to tip the balance of power?

The seemingly unrelated events all have one thing in common, nothing is what it seems to be. It's all covered by the highly entertaining Dreaming News which also sells dreams for a restful night's sleep. In this surrealistic novel everyone is going for the same slice of pie leaving the other pieces untouched.

Asteroid Fever by Robert Zwilling

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1982903287/...

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken Kroes (ken_kroes) | 69 comments Thanks for the info Robert... Just downloaded it and it is on my reading list !!

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Zwilling | 2192 comments Thanks. I would really appreciate if even if you only glance at it, that you PM some kind of feedback about your impressions. I recently ended a poem with these lines, which got some laughter,

Speaking of directions in the world of writing
It’s better knowing the thoughts that didn’t fly
Tell me what you didn’t like that’s what I like to hear