What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Crossing (Blood of the Lamb, #1)
This topic is about The Crossing
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teen novel about girls coming of age and being moved to a new home aboard a boat where the boys live. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney King | 2 comments All of the details may not be exact. I read this several years ago and it was in the young adult section. Within the book, a girl comes of age and is sent, like all of the other girls, to live on a ship where all of the men live. It is supposed to be beautiful there but when she arrives, the women are treated like slaves and are raped by the men. I believe it’s a type of school or sorority atmosphere and no one speaks of the raping and they all act like it doesn’t happen. And if a girl gets pregnant, she mysteriously disappears ( which I believe happens to one of the protagonists friends ). Other girls disappear throughout the book and towards the end she discovers that the girls who have been disappearing are being taken and drained of their blood. The blood is used to keep the boys alive I think, or some superior beings. The people who run the ship take the protagonist away and she has a near death experience having her blood drained. I don’t remember the cover or any names. But any help would be much appreciated!

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney King | 2 comments I believe that was it! Thank you.

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Glad to help out! :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Crossing (other topics)