What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult Fiction mystery ::: Vampires are being hunted and killed, They turn to a non-vampire for assistance. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments Anno Dracula? I think it was published in the early 1990s, though.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40603 comments Mod
P, please add some plot details to your header since thousands of members are also looking for adult mysteries.

message 3: by Cycad (new)

Cycad | 114 comments Those Who Hunt the Night, by Barbara Hambly? Excellent book.

message 4: by El (new)

El | 502 comments Those Who Hunt the Night for Cycad's suggestion

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
P ~
I added details to your header. This will help focus the search...

message 6: by L J (new)

L J Anything about the setting? Time period historical or contemporary? Characters male or female? Does the non-vampire become a vampire? Any information like that would help.
Pre-1990 books that come to mind right now are the Fred Saberhagen series that includes The Holmes-Dracula File and Chelsea Quinn Yarbro Saint-Germain series that includes The Saint-Germain Chronicles and Hôtel Transylvania. Both series have books with plots involving vampires and humans cooperating and protecting each other.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Holland | 130 comments Based on the header, I came to echo the Those Who Hunt the Night suggestion. OP, is this set in the early 20th century? Do you remember Professor James Asher, and his wife, the doctor Lydia Asher? Or the vampire Don Simon Ysidro? It's the first in a series of books, quite good.

The book won the Locus Award winner for Best Horror Novel in 1989.