Shelfarians discussion

Mid-year check in

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 153 comments Mod
How's everyone doing?

It's 4th of July today ... any plans?

For our Canadian members ... did you do anything special last weekend for Canada Day?

Hope everyone is having a good reading year.

message 2: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 194 comments I was "home" in Saskatchewan for the Canada Day long weekend. (I'm currently in Alberta, for those who don't know.) I head that direction every year at this time.

Dad, for about 30 years, was in charge of setting off fireworks at a park near the town where I grew up and where Mom and Dad still live. He has finally handed off those fireworks to someone else (he's been trying to do that for years!), but at the last minute, he was called to see if he could help out.

Anyway, it's nice to head out to the park for fireworks and to see friends from way back, whoever happens to be around (though there's one who I make a point of seeing).

Happy 4th to those of you in the US (a day late!).

message 3: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 5 comments Book Concierge wrote: "How's everyone doing?

It's 4th of July today ... any plans?

For our Canadian members ... did you do anything special last weekend for Canada Day?

Hope everyone is having a good reading year."

I got to the beach yesterday about 7:15 and lounged in the sun, swam, and read for pure enjoyment until about 1:30! Then, this white skin headed back indoors and out of the sun. lol

message 4: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 77 comments The 4th was very rainy here in Minnesota until late afternoon and then it was quite sunny but hot and humid. I spent a quiet fourth at home with family.

My best wishes to my Canadian friends (Late I know, but I thought about you on Canada Day)

message 5: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 194 comments Kristel wrote: "My best wishes to my Canadian friends (Late I know, but I thought about you on Canada Day) t..."

Thank you, Kristel!

message 6: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 153 comments Mod
Nicole R wrote: "Then, this white skin headed back indoors and out of the sun. lol ..."

My husband does not believe in sunscreen and he has the lily-white "peaches n cream" complexion that burns easily. Today he commented that yesterday he was working in the yard "early, before it got hot." He hadn't really planned to work in the yard, so was wearing short sleeves. But he just had to pull some weeds. He put on a pair of gloves ... and now has a burn from his elbow down half his forearm!

message 7: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 194 comments Yikes! I burn easily, as well, and use 30 or 40 spf!!!! I figure my options are ghost-white or lobster-red and ghost-white hurts less!