Christian Fiction Devourers discussion

Archived Award Threads > 2018 Cascade Awards Winners!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (last edited Jul 04, 2018 06:16AM) (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 2821 comments Mod
I just saw that the 2018 Cascade Awards have already reached the finalists level of competition. The awards will be presented on August 22, at the Oregon Christian Writers Writing Conference, held in August; they host the Cascades. I'm sure they'll announce the winners on their website shortly after that date.

Here are the finalists in the published fiction categories.

Contemporary Book
Stacy Monson - The Color of Truth
Susan Simpson - Plain Haven
Kristen Wilks - Athens Ambuscade
The Color of Truth (The Chain of Lakes Book 3) by Stacy Monson Plain Haven (Plainly Maryland #1) by Susan Lantz Simpson Athens Ambuscade by Kristen Joy Wilks

Historical Fiction Book
Karen Barnett - The Road to Paradise
Sharon Hoseley - A Bridge Named Susan
Anna Zogg - The Marshal's Mission
The Road to Paradise (Vintage National Parks, #1) by Karen Barnett A Bridge Named Susan by Sharon Chase Hoseley The Marshal's Mission by Anna Zogg

Speculative Fiction Book
Heather FitzGerald - The Genesis Tree
Jill Williamson - King's Blood
Anna Zogg - The Terran Summit
The Genesis Tree (The Tethered World Chronicles, # 3) by Heather L.L. FitzGerald King's Blood (The Kinsman Chronicles, #2) by Jill Williamson The Terran Summit (Intergalaxia #3) by Anna Zogg

Young Adult Book
Sally Apokedak - The Button Girl
Matthew Beeman - Nick Banner & the Pharaoh's Greed
Sarah Tipton - Betrayal of the Band
The Button Girl by Sally Apokedak Nick Banner & the Pharaoh's Greed by M.M. Beeman Betrayal of the Band by Sarah Tipton

For the other finalists, including unpublished books, please see the Cascades' official website: https://oregonchristianwriters.org/20...

message 2: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Loraine (librarydiva) | 3227 comments Mod
Thanks for sharing this Andrea!

message 3: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

You're welcome, Loraine. Should we create a full folder for awards rather than putting them all in Book Talk? I don't mind working on that later this week.

message 4: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Loraine (librarydiva) | 3227 comments Mod
I think a folder for book awards would be a great idea!

message 5: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

Okay, I'll work on that this week. Thanks, Loraine!

message 6: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

So sorry for the delay in posting the winners for the Cascade Awards, chosen back in mid-August. That was a super busy month for me!

Here are the finalists and winners in the published fiction categories.

Contemporary Book
Stacy Monson - The Color of Truth
Susan Simpson - Plain Haven
WINNER - Kristen Wilks - Athens Ambuscade
The Color of Truth (The Chain of Lakes Book 3) by Stacy Monson Plain Haven (Plainly Maryland #1) by Susan Lantz Simpson Athens Ambuscade by Kristen Joy Wilks

Historical Fiction Book
Karen Barnett - The Road to Paradise
Sharon Hoseley - A Bridge Named Susan
WINNER - Anna Zogg - The Marshal's Mission
The Road to Paradise (Vintage National Parks, #1) by Karen Barnett A Bridge Named Susan by Sharon Chase Hoseley The Marshal's Mission by Anna Zogg

Speculative Fiction Book
Heather FitzGerald - The Genesis Tree
WINNER - Jill Williamson - King's Blood
Anna Zogg - The Terran Summit
The Genesis Tree (The Tethered World Chronicles #3) by Heather L.L. FitzGerald King's Blood (The Kinsman Chronicles, #2) by Jill Williamson The Terran Summit (Intergalaxia #3) by Anna Zogg

Young Adult Book
WINNER - Sally Apokedak - The Button Girl
Matthew Beeman - Nick Banner & the Pharaoh's Greed
Sarah Tipton - Betrayal of the Band
The Button Girl by Sally Apokedak Nick Banner & the Pharaoh's Greed by M.M. Beeman Betrayal of the Band by Sarah Tipton

For the other winners, including unpublished books and published nonfiction, please see the Cascades' official website: https://oregonchristianwriters.org/20...