Play Book Tag discussion

The Girl from the Savoy
This topic is about The Girl from the Savoy
Archive: Other Books > The Girl from the Savoy - 4.5 stars.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 9372 comments 4.5 stars. I just loved it! This one hit all the high notes for me. I just loved it. Something about it. The setting, the writing, the characters, and the character of it. I love this age. (Historical Fiction Set in the Jazz Age). I'm not going to describe it, but I will say it captured a feeling. It was a beautiful book. The stage and the lights and the beautiful hotel and the tea rooms and music halls. And the relationships contained within, and how hard it is after the war, when each of the characters are feeling its effects. There is loss, and love, and beauty, and stardom, and hopes and dreams, and a whole host of other things going on within its pages. This book will remain in my heart.

Listopia List four, about book four or five- Historical Fiction Set in the Jazz Age. I actually think I am going to end up completing four of my five lists this year. When you love a topic and it speaks to you, its not hard to do.

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2105 comments I love your review. The intricacies you pick up on and that speak to you. And always, your love of the relationships.

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8431 comments Another great review Amy...and another book onto my TBR list

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I knew you would love it. I've read all of her books except A Memory of Violets, which I own and will get to this summer. The only book of hers I didn't like as much as the others was The Cottingley Secret. Excited that she has a new book coming out this fall; The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter: A Novel

message 5: by Joi (new) - added it

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments Added to the TBR. Sounds like a Rules of Civility-vibe.

message 6: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 9372 comments Did not realize that this was the same author of the cottingly secret. I think I took that off my TBR after you gave it a three - LOL. Glad to hear you read it too, lady Linda. Somehow that doesn’t surprise me.

Kelly | 848 comments I enjoyed this book also.

message 8: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 9372 comments That doesn’t surprise me either!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Love your review. And I love that this is during the Jazz era. This is an era I have read little of and I need to read more. Its such a great time of history.

Joy D | 4645 comments Thanks for the review, Amy! I will add this to my ever-growing TBR. It sounds right up my alley. :-)