Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta Reader YA SciFi/F/Historical

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 8 comments Hi everyone!

I’m available to beta read individual chapters (up to 3 chapters or 8,000 words) for YA sci fi, fantasy, and historical novels. I’m an avid reader and and writer; I’m also currently in the WriteMentor program and want to pay some critiques I’ve received forward. I can provide a detailed report about elements such as pacing, characterization, world building, etc (but no line edits). If interested, please leave a synopsis and your email address, and if I think it’s a good fit, I’ll email you :)

message 2: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Shannon (krshannon) | 4 comments Hey Morgan! Thanks so much for your offer, I love that you're paying it forward. I have a YA sci-fi/fantasy novel (approximately 90,000 words) titled Stitch Me. My email address is kraeshan1808211@gmail.com

Sparta meets high-tech in the nation of Idryma, the mightiest military power known to man since the Great Star fell over the Nethers. Its secret, the brutal decade of military training every soldier must endure before calling herself Idryyan, the Upbringing. Upon entrance, soldiers are "Stitched" together: two minds dumped into the same bag of bones. If you want to Graduate - to live - you must compete. You must win.
One body. Two minds. One survivor.

I'd love to hear back from you!

message 3: by Charlie (new)

Charlie | 6 comments Hi! I've got a YA Fantasy Novel.

The Queen is a bitch. Of that, Brinn is certain. She killed her parents and her brother, Brinn’s childhood friend. And why? So she could take the throne for herself. Bitch.
Intent on getting revenge, revolutionary-for-hire Brinn travels to Renare and is employed by the newly minted, but not newly bitchy, Queen Jennifer. Trapped in a palace of black and white, Brinn travels along the edge in between, trying to balance her past with the Queen against the plot to overthrow her. After a plan goes horribly awry, Brinn is sent running for her life, wondering who the good guys really are.
Now in her home country of Morena, Brinn must face the looming obstacles: radical ideologies, the threat of foreign invasion, and rumors of magical powers from Sardonia, a secluded country to the South. Sent to Sardonia to rally allies and troops for the coming war, Brinn finds herself engaged to a Prince for whom she feels nothing and hiding a secret that could very well get her killed.
THE GREY AREA is a standalone, 96,000-word YA Fantasy novel that takes us (probably way too deep) inside the mind of Brinn, a girl trying to live up to her own expectations of herself as she strives to bring democracy, freedom, and equality to her continent.

my email is charlie.e.estes@gmail.com if you're interested!

message 4: by William (new)

William Walters | 111 comments Newcastle is a 182030-word historical fiction about the Richards family, based on the plantation named Newcastle in South Carolina. The novel follows the family from the period just after the Revolutionary War to the opening days of the Civil War. The slave conversations in the opening chapters are written in Gullah the original slave language translated to English by footnotes.