Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Outlander (Outlander, #1)
This topic is about Outlander
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Outlander [July 10, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
July 10th.

Olivia (vinjii) | 1085 comments How quickly will you read through these?

Lillia (princess_shakerria_yaobsessed) | 106 comments I'm not sure. I work so not that quick lol.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Let me know when you want to start Lillia. :)

message 5: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Timelord Iain | 17959 comments Mod
I'm still considering joining... my reading schedule should be pretty open soon... if you guys are planning to go slow, I shouldn't be too far behind when I start... the problem will be slowing down / stopping once I actually start :)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments It will be the same for me Iain. The not stopping problem. :D
I want to finish this series ASAP.

Lillia (princess_shakerria_yaobsessed) | 106 comments We shall start now!!!! Lol this my day off until next Tuesday

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments 😁😁 we'll start now then!!

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments How are you doing Lillia? Did you get to read any of this?

message 10: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (ann_davies) | 166 comments I was going to wait until a publish date for the next book is identified before re-reading this series.

I love that Gabledon claims this was a 'practice' book: http://www.dianagabaldon.com/books/ou...

message 11: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

How much has Diana Gabaldon really written, outside of the Outlander series?...

Her author page lists 145 books, but that's mostly foreign language translations, omnibuses, and a graphic novel... and a trio of Lord John Grey books (a connected spin-off series)

So I'm not too surprised she kinda started on a whim and threw the kitchen sink at the series...

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments There's supposed to be one more book?
And I only knew about 10 or 12 books of hers.

message 13: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (last edited Jul 12, 2018 11:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura wrote: "There's supposed to be one more book?
And I only knew about 10 or 12 books of hers."

One of the series is just outlander, but each book is broken into 2 parts to make the books smaller...

Hasn't she tried to end the series a couple of times?... Doesn't the setting move from Scotland to Revolutionary America in the middle?

Olivia (vinjii) | 1085 comments The Germans started to do this silly thing. They did it with Malazan. Each book is slashed into 2 :/

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Are you in for this Iain and Olivia? If yes let me know when you start and I'll start it also. And perhaps we could decide when to read the next books also?

message 16: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

I cut half my reading list and then find myself immediately wanting to add too many things again... story of my life...

I'm almost caught up on other reads, but then there are so many reads starting this week I want to join instead... hope to start this soon, since my month is pretty empty after the 15th... excluding weeklies...

Olivia (vinjii) | 1085 comments I originally wanted to wait until the last book is out since there are two more and she takes 4-5 years to write one :/ so I’m not 100% sure if I should lol but it’s one of my favourite series.

message 18: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm not sure if/when I'll join this... I guess I'll see if you guys are still reading when the mood strikes... as it stands, I'm basically caught up right now, with a couple reads coming in the next few days, but I don't really feel like reading this at the moment... sorry :(

Lillia (princess_shakerria_yaobsessed) | 106 comments How far did you all get

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Lillia wrote: "How far did you all get"

I think no one started it yet. We were sort of waiting for a "ready set go" signal from you.

Lillia (princess_shakerria_yaobsessed) | 106 comments Well I’m starting tonight seeing how far I’ll get.

message 22: by Rob (new) - added it

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1952 comments Debating reading this at some point. My dad and mom (more the former) are outlander fanatics to the point that they've done an Outlander themed vacation to Scotland a year or so ago. My wife and I finally caved and watched the first three seasons of the show and enjoyed it quite a bit. Might finally give in and read the first book at some point.

Lillia (princess_shakerria_yaobsessed) | 106 comments Is there a audiobook for this.

Lillia (princess_shakerria_yaobsessed) | 106 comments This is getting good even know I'm 15 Pages in. Anyone?

message 25: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Of course there is... anything mildly successful gets an audiobook, and Outlander is wildly successful with a tv show...