What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical Romance: H took h's virginity at a ball (in London), proposed and promised to wait 2 years

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by crazy1bad (last edited Aug 31, 2019 09:46AM) (new)

crazy1bad | 188 comments Please help to find this HR.
The H didn't know the h was a virgin and after the deed he proposed to her. I think it happened at a masquarade ball. The h refused but the H promised to wait for 2 or so years in case she chaged her mind.
So after a year or so the H meets the h again and doesn't recognize her. They fall in love but the H thinks that has to keep his promise to the virgin girl he ruined that actually is the heroine (but he doesn't know that).

message 2: by crazy1bad (new)

crazy1bad | 188 comments I think it's a regency romance, the location is England or more exactly London, I believe as in most regency romances. Also, I think the author is one of the famous ones.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Around what year did you read it? Closer to 2018, or closer to 1995?

message 4: by crazy1bad (new)

crazy1bad | 188 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Around what year did you read it? Closer to 2018, or closer to 1995?"

2014-2017

message 5: by JennyG (last edited Jul 08, 2018 09:10AM) (new)

JennyG | 565 comments Is it one of the books I am keeping on this list " Hero is unaware that heroine is already his betrothed/wife"?

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

As you can see, I love that theme!

message 6: by crazy1bad (last edited Aug 31, 2019 09:48AM) (new)

crazy1bad | 188 comments JennyG wrote: "Is it one of the books I am keeping on this list " Hero is unaware that heroine is already his betrothed/wife"?

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8......"

Thank you for the link!!! I love that theme too. I knew that there has to be a list but was unsure. I will gladly check it out.

message 7: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 565 comments Farida, I think it might be this one:

Potent Pleasures (Pleasures, #1) by Eloisa James Potent Pleasures by Eloisa James

Reckless desire sends Charlotte Daicheston into the garden with a dashing masked stranger. He's powerful, unforgettable, a devastatingly handsome footman who lures her--not against her will--into a grand indiscretion at a masquerade ball. Then he vanishes.

Several years later, after Charlotte has made her dazzling debut in London society, they meet again. But the rogue is no footman. He's rich, titled, and he doesn't remember Charlotte. Worse, he's the subject of some scandalous gossip: rumor has it, the earl's virility is in question. />
Charlotte, who knows all too intimately the power of his passion, is stunned by the gossip that has set society ablaze. At last, there can be a storybook ending...unless, of course, Charlotte's one mad indiscretion had not been with him at all....

I read this a long time ago, but I think you are describing this book!

Enjoy if this is it!

message 8: by crazy1bad (new)

crazy1bad | 188 comments JennyG wrote: "Farida, I think it might be this one:

Potent Pleasures (Pleasures, #1) by Eloisa James Potent Pleasures by Eloisa James"

It is not the one. In that book the H never proposes directly after he takes her virginiy. He thinks the h was a prostitute.

message 9: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 565 comments Do you remember the book cover?

message 10: by crazy1bad (new)

crazy1bad | 188 comments JennyG wrote: "Do you remember the book cover?"
No, not a all because I don't really care about the cover as long as the book is good.

message 11: by crazy1bad (new)

crazy1bad | 188 comments bump

message 12: by Kris (last edited Aug 31, 2019 04:29PM) (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
crazy1bad, was the heroine debuting at the ball - and did they meet for the first time?

Does he think she's a prostitute/courtesan years later? Why does he make this mistake? (Spoilers are okay - just give us a clear warning before revealing a spoiler.)

Where do they meet again years later? Are they both single, rich/titled/poor, etc.?

message 13: by crazy1bad (last edited Sep 01, 2019 03:04AM) (new)

crazy1bad | 188 comments Kris wrote: "crazy1bad, was the heroine debuting at the ball - and did they meet for the first time?

Does he think she's a prostitute/courtesan years later? Why does he make this mistake? (Spoilers are okay - ..."

I don't think if she was debuting at the ball but they met there for the first time.

He knew she was not a prostitute after he took her virginity. I think he made the mistake because it was a masquerade ball with courtesans and entitled men and the h went there because she was curious maybe with an adventurous friend.

I don't remember where the meet again but think it happened when she took a walk in a park.

message 14: by Rhiannon (new)

Rhiannon | 48 comments Bump

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Potent Pleasures (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Eloisa James (other topics)