Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Historical Fiction 1930s-WW2

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annette (new)

Annette Young (annetteyoung) | 3 comments Completed novel, first volume of trilogy sequel, set in Australia then Vienna during the Anschluss. Sample chapter here:
http://annetteyoung.net/books/wp-cont...

message 2: by Mark (new)

Mark Morey | 15 comments I saw your posting and I am interested in reading your novel set in Australia and Vienna if you can beta read my historical fiction set in Japan and China from 1936 to 1946. I have written two stories. I'm happy with the first, Ketsumeidan, but I'm not so sure about the second, Takeyari, which can be read on its own. So I'm just looking for feedback on characters, story, pacing and so on, on Takeyari (bamboo spear or the last line of defence of the Emperor).

Some historians believe the Second World War started on July 7, 1937 with the Lugou Bridge Incident in China. There isn't any logical break from the war between China and Japan, and the war between Japan and the United States, Britain, Australia and others. As an Australian, the war with Japan was the single biggest defining moment in our history. It was interesting to find out how Japan, a relatively small country, got to the point of declaring war on everybody!

I will send you a message on this as well.

Mark Morey

message 3: by Annette (new)

Annette Young (annetteyoung) | 3 comments Mark, your take on Japan and WW2 sounds very interesting indeed. I am not an expert on Asian history but I am good on character and story elements. So, I will be happy to do a swap. Would you like a proof copy or PDF?

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark Morey | 15 comments Annette,
My story is hopefully written for those who don't know why Japan went to war, and why they prolonged that war when defeat was inevitable from early 1943. It is the second of two volumes but was more difficult to write.

I'm happy to receive a PDF of your MS. You can email a copy to markmorey5@gmail.com. In turn I will email you a PDF of mine.

Mark Morey

message 5: by Annette (new)

Annette Young (annetteyoung) | 3 comments Will do, Mark. Actually, I just sent a follow through email. I will send the PDF today and look forward to reading your work.

Annette Young