Murderino Book Club discussion

Book Discussions > Zodiac Book Discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 14 comments Mod
Discussion for anything related to Robert Graysmith's book "Zodiac" Feel free to ask questions, make comments, and give opinions on the novel!

message 2: by Corinne (new)

Corinne | 5 comments Looking forward to starting this one after July 4th holiday! Definitely not doing audio book. I think it's spookier to hear a serial killer story than read it..

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz Nicoll (liz_nicoll) | 2 comments Yes! Hope to get a copy this week.

message 4: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy DiLeva | 4 comments If anyone is interested in the audiobook, this novel is available on the Truly Criminal Channel on the Audible app.

I liked the research and detail that Robert Graysmith put in this novel! A terrible story, but still a good read.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 14 comments Mod
I'm currently about three chapters in and I really enjoy it so far. I think Graysmith does a good job of pulling the reader in from the beginning.

I know that there is a movie based off the book, has anyone seen it? I wonder how it compares to the book.

message 6: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy DiLeva | 4 comments The Zodiac movie with Mark Ruffalo? I watched it when it first came out, but that was in what.. 2007?
From what I remember it was a good movie, but I had not read the book back then. Hollywood rarely does the book justice.

message 7: by Corinne (new)

Corinne | 5 comments So I've just reached the part where he's made his first taunting phone call to the police. Serial killers who like to tease and torment law enforcement are on another level altogether from the ones who are satisfied just going about murdering folks. Twisted.

Also, anyone else flipping back and forth to the appendices like me?! I love that Graysmith organized his research in lists and matrices this way and included them for the reader.