From the Book to the Big Screen discussion

Archives > August 2014

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn Okay, everyone! How are you all doing?

We all know that two YA books-to-movies are coming out this month - The Giver and If I Stay.

Are you planning on seeing either of them? Which one are you more excited to see? Let us know...

Me... I'm only planning on seeing If I Stay. I'm pretty upset with the trailers I've seen for The Giver.

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin (eisawesome) | 380 comments Mod
If I Stay, this may be the book to movie that gets to me. I stated to well up when I read the book, so I don't know how I am going to handle the movie

message 3: by These Violent Delights (last edited Aug 07, 2014 07:46PM) (new)

These Violent Delights (Robin) I'm not going to see either in theaters nor buy them on DVD, but I may rent them on demand on my cable provider when they become available.

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 22 comments If I stay I'm so excited for it but I'll prob the giver too (even though it looks nothing like the book I mean isn't Jonas supposed to be 12)

message 5: by Erin (new)

Yes Alicia he is, not sure how old he is, but yes

message 6: by Rae (new)

Rae King (abookishgirl4) | 3 comments I am super excited for If I Stay, I will be seeing that in theaters, but I will be waiting for the Giver because it obviously is going to be very different from the book *sigh*

message 7: by Erin (new)

Me too

message 8: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn Erin wrote: "Yes Alicia he is, not sure how old he is, but yes"

From the trailers, it looked like he was at least fifteen. Oh well. That's Hollywood. It probably would have been a major flop if they couldn't include romance.