Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Practice Makes Perfect
This topic is about Practice Makes Perfect
Archive (Buddy Reads) > July Buddy Read - Practice Makes Perfect (Samantha, Ashley)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 8282 comments July Buddy Read

Samantha | 1381 comments Ashley, when would you like to start?

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments I'm ready whenever you are. Also, how many chapters do you want to read, before we connect?

Samantha | 1381 comments Ok I won't be able to start until Friday.

It is up to you on how many chapters we can read.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Okay! So we'll start Friday! :)
Let's do 5 chapters to start with, and do from there! :)

Samantha | 1381 comments Ok we will do 5 chapters starting tomorrow.

Have you ever read anything by the author?

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments No, actually I haven't... Have you?

Samantha | 1381 comments Yes. This is part of a series. She is good.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments What series? I thought it was a stand alone?

Samantha | 1381 comments Sorry you are right. I just thought this was a part other US Attorney series. Lol.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Gotcha!
Have you started yet? I have and I don't like how she just moves from chapter to chapter by saying a number... I'm getting a little lost here. I think I'm on chapter 2?

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Yeah... I am having a really hard time following this book! Idk if it's because it's that one person is speaking for both main characters.... No, I think that is the issue.. I don't like it! lol
Hopefully it gets better! I'm done with the 5 chapters, and I don't have much to say other than I'm lost!

Samantha | 1381 comments Ashley wrote: "Gotcha!
Have you started yet? I have and I don't like how she just moves from chapter to chapter by saying a number... I'm getting a little lost here. I think I'm on chapter 2?"

I was catching up. So yes, I started to listen to it. I finished the first 5 chapters.

Samantha | 1381 comments Ashley wrote: "Yeah... I am having a really hard time following this book! Idk if it's because it's that one person is speaking for both main characters.... No, I think that is the issue.. I don't like it! lol
H..."

Ok so I'm doing the audio book of this one as well. The narrator is Karen White I believe. She normally does a good job.

Well so far all they have done is fuss and fight. Now that they are partnering up on this new case, I wonder how it will change. At the meeting with the potential client, I found it interesting that the client asked them to describe why the other is so great. It was real smooth.

I have an idea of where this story will go but I want to see how it will play out.

Oh no! I'm sorry you are not enjoying it as much. Are you lost because of her announcing the chapters?

Samantha | 1381 comments After your initial disappointment, are you in a better place in the story today? Did you get to listen some more?

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Samantha wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Yeah... I am having a really hard time following this book! Idk if it's because it's that one person is speaking for both main characters.... No, I think that is the issue.. I don't ..."

I'm not sure? Maybe it's the chapters.. Maybe it's the story line. This is a new type for me. I'm used to reading like suspense and erotica romance. Maybe that's why? I haven't listened past chapter 5 yet. I will do some today, and let you know what I think then..

Samantha | 1381 comments You had it on your list. Lol.

Well I will slow down. Let me know when you move ahead in the story.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments I DID.. And I thought it was something I would be into. It sounded so good. I think I'm going to start from the beginning.. Just so I can get a better grasp. I will let you know when I'm done with 10. :)

Samantha | 1381 comments Lol. I feel bad. I am hoping it gets better with you. Since i had read her other books. I was better prepared.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Samantha wrote: "Lol. I feel bad. I am hoping it gets better with you. Since i had read her other books. I was better prepared."

lol, do you think that's what it is? Is it really that hard to follow certain author's books, if you are familiar with them? Hmm... Maybe? Maybe not? I'm not sure! lol I'm restarting now! :)

Samantha | 1381 comments She may not be your style as you seem not to like it. But you only got 5 chapters in. Nothing happened yet.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments I've started over with a bit more of an open mind.. And it's alright so far. I've noticed a lot more than I did the first time. I think these two are going to get together! I mean, it's pretty obvious from the beginning. However, I'm wondering what the part of the book the title appeals to. The work they do together, or their relationship?

Samantha | 1381 comments Hmmm thats a good question. I am way further alomg than you and I can't even answer that.

So far they haven't really got together. They are fighting this hard.

There are some tense and funny scenes for sure.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments I can't believe they're only going to pick ONE of them to be partner! That's so messed up! They both equally deserve it! They've been fighting this whole time with each other, for no reason, and now they actually have a reason to fight! Ugh! NOT COOL.

Samantha | 1381 comments I was so freaking mad at that too. Like what. Their boss is a prick. Now it is full on war. It gets wild from here.

His dad is also a piece of work.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Wow! that library scene was nice! I would like to see this go a little further between the two of them.

Samantha | 1381 comments Ashley wrote: "Wow! that library scene was nice! I would like to see this go a little further between the two of them."

I know. They were so rowdy and intense. I wanted them to kiss.

Samantha | 1381 comments I went up to chapter 15. I will hold off on going further.

I can't wait to chat further about some of the upcoming scenes.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments I am just past the scene where they are messing with each others clothes... Not sure of the chapter, since she doesn't easily point out when she switches from one to another.. but this is HILARIOUS!!!

Samantha | 1381 comments Omg. What he does to her is so freaking funny. Omg.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Uh- I'd say!! That was nice of her to pick up his deposition! I'm done chapter 15. They are so gonna make a good story later on! Why doesn't she just give into him? Thank god he came back to her apartment.. Ugh! But he should've kissed her! Or she should've kissed him! God! They are both so hard-headed! lol

Samantha | 1381 comments Girl when she almost fell. Her ass was out in court, I was laughing. I would have made it my mission to pay him back in kind.

They are very hard headed.

So are you ready to keep going?

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments yes, definitely! I stopped on 18. It's so funny listening to them go back and forth, when he tries to "be nice." lol

Samantha | 1381 comments Ok. I am finishing 16.

Samantha | 1381 comments I am on chapter 20 now. I felt bad when they were getting hot and heavy and Chase's voicemail came on. I wanted to choke him.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Okay. I'm going to read up to chapter 23 by tomorrow.
I'll let you know what I think.

Samantha | 1381 comments Ok I finished chapter 24. I will wait for you.

After that we only have like four more chapters before we are done :)

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments lol JD's reaction was funny to the voicemail..
And thank god she broke it off with Chase.
Now it's JD's turn! :)

Samantha | 1381 comments Yes. He was like whoa

It was only an hour and a half left. I finished this morning. I liked it.

I will wait to discuss things further.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Ugh! It would've been so much better if thy talked through the "scene!"
Why won't they talk openly about the sex scenes?! Ugh!
Done with 24.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments I finished the book! I couldn't help it! It was sooo good! OMG! I LOVE the decision they made! This was a good book!

Samantha | 1381 comments It was such a good book.

Why did he tell Ben he slept with her when he didn't. I was so mad.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Because he's a guy! Need a better explanation than that? lol

Samantha | 1381 comments Ashley wrote: "Because he's a guy! Need a better explanation than that? lol"

Lol true. But my heart dropped. I was so angry. I felt bad when she had to confront him.

Samantha | 1381 comments That dirty dog Ben got what he deserved too. They snagged Jasper from him.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments Yes! Although I didn't really get that type of vibe from Ben.. He was just doing what she has to do.

Samantha | 1381 comments He was a typical lawyer. But oh well.

Samantha | 1381 comments I listened to the audio. What were your thoughts about the narration?

I liked it. I laughed at Jasper's voice.

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments The narration was decent. She slipped up a couple times, when she was in a scene with the both of them. She had him make a sound she would make.. And Jasper's voice was hilarious! But so was one of the GC's!

Samantha | 1381 comments True. Lol.

« previous 1