Horror Aficionados discussion

Short Stories > Suggested read:Stephen King's Cycle of the Werewolf

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Rutigliano | 136 comments I remember liking this one. I always think King's books are best when he's working with fewer pages as it prevents them from getting bloated.

message 2: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments I loved this story and was thrilled it was in graphic novel form. Ran out and bought it when it hit the stores. I still recite that "Thirty days hath September" rhyme to remember how many days are in certain months.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments I read this one last year. The art doesn't blow it away but it worked with the charm. The story is simple but effective.

message 4: by Nate (new)

Nate (the_enobee) | 147 comments I have a version of this book that has the original story/artwork and also has the screenplay from the movie and set photos as well. It's my favorite edition of this book. I love the story, and Silver Bullet is just about my favorite werewolf movie. I also get a kick out of Tarker's Mill being a neighbor to Chester's Mill, the future site of Under the Dome.

message 5: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10825 comments Mod
I haven't read this but it sounds good although werewolves scare me to death. silver bullet had a lot to do with that! that movie scared me to death when I was younger!

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott Zavoda (ScottZavoda) | 3 comments Is there a digital copy of this book anywhere? I haven't read it yet but would like to.

message 7: by John (new)

John (frayerbanac) | 336 comments If you want a good werewolf yarn try There Shall Be No Darkness by James Blish or The Kill by Peter Fleming or Strange Roots by David Case.

message 8: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 770 comments Havent read this yet

message 9: by John (new)

John (frayerbanac) | 336 comments Adrian, have you read There Shall Be No Darkness by James Blish? Reflections For The Winter Of My Soul by Karl Edward Wagner? Strange Roots by David Case? The Kill by Peter Fleming? Check them out.