Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > The Shadow of What Was Lost [Postponed to mid 2019]

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (last edited Dec 06, 2018 12:29PM) (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7555 comments Mod
This is a Buddy Read for The Shadow of What Was Lost by James Islington starting December 19, 2018*.
The Shadow of What Was Lost (The Licanius Trilogy, #1) by James Islington

*Subject to change if the third book is delayed again.

UPDATE - postponed to mid 2019 because the final book was indeed delayed again.

message 2: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Yay! In for a re-read :D

message 3: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

In!!

It should tell you something about how much I liked this series that I'm willing to reread to get the full experience out of the final book. :)

message 4: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1085 comments If I have got time I will re-read as well, that's how much I loved it.

message 5: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Nice! :)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Reserving my spot. :)

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily | 306 comments Spot!

message 8: by Kenan (new)

Kenan (sevly) | 35 comments Def tracking this after seeing Niki's review!

message 9: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Wow - thanks!! ^_^

I hope it lives up to my hype haha.

message 10: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Book 3 got pushed back. Again. We're looking at a release in summer 2019 I think. Should we push this BR to match the new release date? :)

message 11: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Virginie wrote: "Book 3 got pushed back. Again. We're looking at a release in summer 2019 I think. Should we push this BR to match the new release date? :)"

Aw man! Yeah we'll adjust the dates to line up with the release. I'm going to give it a couple months though to see if it turns into something more solid.

message 12: by jess (new)

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments Are we still doing this Dec 19???

message 13: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Jess wrote: "Are we still doing this Dec 19???"

I think the consensus is to wait until 2 months before the final book is released.

message 14: by Virginie (last edited Dec 03, 2018 01:37PM) (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments What Niki said. Also, the release date seems to have been pushed once again. We're looking at December 2019, which would make us start the trilogy in October :O

message 15: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Virginie wrote: "What Niki said. Also, the release date seems to have been pushed once again. We're looking at December 2019, which would make us start the trilogy in October :O"

nooooooo

message 16: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 7688 comments I am in for the later date...

message 17: by jess (new)

jess (nu6586) | 1723 comments Well we need to change the Master List then because I just picked my copy up at the library today. Will prob just go ahead and read it.

message 18: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 653 comments I plan on joining in. I've been waiting on the trilogy to be completed before I start reading the first book, so the timing of this buddy read will be perfect (eventually).

message 19: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

Timelord Iain | 17897 comments Mod
Andrew wrote: "I plan on joining in. I've been waiting on the trilogy to be completed before I start reading the first book, so the timing of this buddy read will be perfect (eventually)."

Yea,,, think this has been pushed to mid-October... the 3rd book was pushed back to next December...

message 20: by Shaitarn (new)

Shaitarn | 1963 comments I might give this one another go; sometimes I just can't give a book the time and effort it needs.

message 21: by Flying Monkey (new)

Flying Monkey | 1 comments Thanks Niki!
I'm in for this one. I've been looking forward to reading this series.

message 22: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Flying Monkey wrote: "Thanks Niki!
I'm in for this one. I've been looking forward to reading this series."

Welcome aboard! It’s a fantastic series for sure. :) I think the release date for the third book has stabilized for December 2019, so we’ll likely start in October. :)

message 23: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 30 comments Good.....Ive already had plans to reread book 1 and 2 again before 3 comes out in december. I enjoyed this series and cant wait for 3. Ill reread with you all in october....

message 24: by Rob (new)

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1951 comments I'll be in as well. I've had the first book for a while. Good time to jump in and read the whole thing :)

message 25: by Beste (new)

Beste | 1163 comments I'm around chapter 4 and things are getting more and more complicated each page. (view spoiler)

message 26: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

Just made a post in the BR Invite thread to renew interest and get these scheduled... I suddenly thought of the books again the other day, and that the release of the 3rd book is approaching in only a couple months...

I was thinking October/November/December 10th BRs OR November 10th/25th and December 10th BRs... the 2nd option is tighter, but runs into Thanksgiving...

message 27: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Might join if it's 10th October/November. I definitely won't have the time for the tighter schedule... My life is a bit hectic these days.

message 28: by Rob (new)

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1951 comments I'd be interested in joining it if we began in Jan 2020.

message 29: by Emily (new)

Emily | 306 comments Definitely reading these ones in preparation for book 3. 10th of each month sounds good to me.

message 30: by Barry (new)

Barry (boprawira) | 1184 comments I've replied in the BR Invite thread. I'm okay with Nov 10 start, one each month. Or, start in 2020 is also fine with me. I'll commit to all three books after reading the first one.

message 31: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

The point was to be ready for the December 10th release of the last book in the trilogy, so people could join that have already read the first 2...

message 32: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

Since some people are onboard for October/November/December 10th, I'll request this be updated to those dates... anyone who wants to do later/2020 can request a mew thread...

message 33: by Elinor (new)

Elinor | 1548 comments I might be in the 2020 wagon... perhaps. Hopefully.

message 34: by Emily (new)

Emily | 306 comments Is anyone reading this now?

message 35: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments We're reading it right now here:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

There was a mix-up at some point and a second thread was created.

message 36: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

It’s because I asked for the update over on the spreadsheet/form, I think...

message 37: by Emily (new)

Emily | 306 comments Virginie wrote: "We're reading it right now here:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

There was a mix-up at some point and a second thread was created."

Thanks!

message 38: by Shaitarn (new)

Shaitarn | 1963 comments I'll try to squeeze it in in the next couple of days!