Love Hate Poetry discussion

General > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 2 comments Thanks for the invite Ira, look forward to being inspired, and hopefully inspiring the people on here :)

message 2: by Dante (new)

Dante Craddock (DanteCraddock) | 1 comments Thanks for the invite, Ira.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi i'm Maya,i like writing.Thanks to ira for the invite

message 4: by Deaths coming (new)

Deaths coming torture mastrer-if you want someone torture he wil | 10 comments Hey! Maya invited me and since my last writing group has sort of died this one seems like a good place to continue.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey:)

message 6: by Mishma (new)

Mishma (mishma_sk) Hey Ira! Thanks for the invite! :) <3

message 7: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) Hello all!

Maya invited me to come join and as a writer/poet/artist/and the list will continue for a long while if I don't stop here, I figured it would be nice to have a place for me to get honest feedback.

So, i'm Irene, I have been writing for a while and I participate in both the November and Camp NaNoWriMo events every year (started doing that about three-four years back). If you don't know what NaNo is, check it out here: www.nanowrimo.org, I think it's a pretty great resource for starting writers. Yes, the big deal is wordage over content and that upsets some people, but the idea is to get you writing and show you that 50k is totally doable.

Anyways, enough about that and a smidgen more about me. I mostly write fantasy pieces and my current WIP is at 100k and about halfway through the overall plot line. I really like larger pieces but short stories are fun too; I have other pieces that are unfinished, one is a realistic fiction piece, a horror, and the rest fantasy. I also write poetry, but that is something that is more sporadic and I can't just "do". I have to be in the mood to write poetry or it is really just horrible.

I also run another writing group, but being a Mod pretty much means that I am going to be critiquing other's works and not getting much feedback on my own. So, when Maya invited me, I thought this would be the perfect chance to get some feedback and maybe write some new pieces!

message 8: by Leo (new)

Leo Borgelin Hey everyone! Glad to be here. My name is Leo Bogelin and I'm the world's next big author.