BOOKBUSTERS | BookClub discussion

POST FREELY HERE!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 275 (275 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z. (grayczhuang) | 151 comments Mod
Hey Members!

We've started to get discussion topics created by our members. BookBusters is so glad that you are sharing with the rest of the group. However, we appreciate that you don't create discussion topics on our group page. We like to keep our group home organized and relevant to all of the books we are reading. If you have anything to share with us, please post whatever you would like on this discussion topic!! Discussions that are being created on our home page will be deleted. Again, please post here.

You are free to post anything you'd like, but please follow our discussion rules:
Always be polite and kind!
Please no rude words, cursing, or anything of that kind!
ONLY SPOIL IN A SPOILER DISCUSSION

If comments on this topic violate our group rules, those comments will be deleted by moderators.

message 2: by maliacakes (new)

maliacakes | 3 comments I just started reading today "13 reasons why" by Jay Asher. It is AMAZEBALLS!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! You guys should read it if you haven't read it.

maliacakes wrote: "I just started reading today "13 reasons why" by Jay Asher. It is AMAZEBALLS!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! You guys should read it if you haven't read it."

That book looks so good! Please share your thoughts (: xx

message 4: by Clara (new)

Clara Brown (clarabrown17) | 9 comments if your recommending books, i'd like to mention a new book by an up and coming author called The Passage by Nabille de la Luz. She asked me to read a beta version of her book and honest to god, I loved it. And while i've not been able to start Free to Fall yet,I have it open right now ready to read, when i read the synopsis of this book, it reminded me of nabille's book. Though not because they are the same, but because they both have a bit of a techno thing going on with apps or in The Passage's case, being sucked into a virtual world. Read my review here http://clarasmustreadbookreviews.blog... ...now off to read Free to Fall

Clara wrote: "if your recommending books, i'd like to mention a new book by an up and coming author called The Passage by Nabille de la Luz. She asked me to read a beta version of her book and honest to god, I l..."

Ooh it sounds interesting! Thanks for the recommendation, Clara (:

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandyreadsalot) | 15 comments Mod
maliacakes wrote: "I just started reading today "13 reasons why" by Jay Asher. It is AMAZEBALLS!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! You guys should read it if you haven't read it."

I read that book such a long time ago and I remember really enjoying it!

message 7: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahsmanyhobbies) Thirteen Reasons Why!!!! OMG I just read that this summer.....I can't even begin to express my love of this book and it's sad too!

Sandy wrote: "maliacakes wrote: "I just started reading today "13 reasons why" by Jay Asher. It is AMAZEBALLS!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! You guys should read it if you haven't read it."

I read that book such a long tim..."

Clara Pond wrote: "Thirteen Reasons Why!!!! OMG I just read that this summer.....I can't even begin to express my love of this book and it's sad too!"

It seems really good, and I really want to read it! (: xx

message 9: by maliacakes (new)

maliacakes | 3 comments i finished it 2 days ago and i'm in my big book post-depression. this book was so amazing and sadddd. although, i didn't really get the ending. but, i loved it so friggin muchhh❤️

message 10: by Ebony (new)

Ebony (ebbie_magic) | 2 comments I really want to read it

maliacakes wrote: "i finished it 2 days ago and i'm in my big book post-depression. this book was so amazing and sadddd. although, i didn't really get the ending. but, i loved it so friggin muchhh❤️"

Yay (:

I love them too! (:

message 13: by Christina (new)

Christina Barr | 6 comments I'm looking for a mystery/suspense/thriller survival type story. Any suggestions?

Christina wrote: "I'm looking for a mystery/suspense/thriller survival type story. Any suggestions?"

Our next month's genre is mystery! Wait for our announcement to see if you're interested in our read along (: xx

message 15: by hannah lisa (new)

hannah lisa (fabelandflower) Do you guys have any suggestions for books like throne of glass or Graceling? I would really appreciate it!

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie | 8 comments Mod
Hannah wrote: "Do you guys have any suggestions for books like throne of glass or Graceling? I would really appreciate it!"

I would recommend Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo or The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima

message 17: by hannah lisa (new)

hannah lisa (fabelandflower) I've read Shadow and Bone and loved it! I haven't read the other one though. I'll have to check it out! Thank you!

message 18: by Christina (new)

Christina Barr | 6 comments Awesome. The next novel I'm working on is a thriller/survival story taking place in Aokigahara, the infamous suicide forest in Japan, and I wanna get in the mood. I'm very excited about it though. It'll be my first non sci-fi/fantasy book.

Grace wrote: "Christina wrote: "I'm looking for a mystery/suspense/thriller survival type story. Any suggestions?"

Our next month's genre is mystery! Wait for our announcement to see if you're interested in ou..."

message 19: by Clara (new)

Clara Brown (clarabrown17) | 9 comments I just posted a new post on my blog, there may be something that may interest you. Scroll down to the earlier posts and there will definitely be some suggestions http://clarasmustreadbookreviews.blog...

message 20: by Clara (new)

Clara Brown (clarabrown17) | 9 comments this post is probably the best for the recommendations you want http://clarasmustreadbookreviews.blog...

message 21: by Christina (new)

Christina Barr | 6 comments Hey guys. Who doesn't love free books? Well, for the next three days, my book The Queen will be available for download on Kindle for absolutely no charge. I do this for the Goodreads community. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JU28W6I

Then on September 11th, there will be an open chat with me about it. So far, I've invited those who participated in a Giveaway that I had, but I'm opening it up further.

I would really like to share my work, because writing is my passion. Also, I like feedback. So, if you'd like to be a part or just get a free book, you are welcome, and you're welcome to spread the word. https://plus.google.com/b/10263038849...

Thanks.

Christina wrote: "Hey guys. Who doesn't love free books? Well, for the next three days, my book The Queen will be available for download on Kindle for absolutely no charge. I do this for the Goodreads community. ..."

Great! Thanks for sharing (: xx

message 23: by Clara (new)

Clara Brown (clarabrown17) | 9 comments Hi everyone, I just anted to ask people, if its not too much trouble if you could look at my blog. I've just redone a lot of the layout and background and would like some peoples opinion on it. http://clarasmustreadbookreviews.blog...

YourFriendlyNeighborhoodSpidey Clara wrote: "Hi everyone, I just anted to ask people, if its not too much trouble if you could look at my blog. I've just redone a lot of the layout and background and would like some peoples opinion on it. htt..."

When You slide the bar over so you can read the post, the book on the side ends up going under the words of the blog post, and I find that a little distracting.

What is everybody currently reading?

message 26: by hannah lisa (new)

hannah lisa (fabelandflower) Heir of Fire!!!!

message 27: by Noa (new)

Noa Mae (noamae) | 1 comments Shadow Kiss!

message 28: by Keri (new)

Keri (kerialexis) | 1 comments The lightning thief

message 29: by hannah lisa (new)

hannah lisa (fabelandflower) AAAAHHH! The Lightning Thief is one of my favorites! Are you enjoying it?

I really enjoyed The Lightening Thief as well! (:

message 31: by Katie (new)

Katie | 8 comments Mod
Hannah wrote: "Heir of Fire!!!!"

I just finished reading Heir of Fire and it was SO GOOD. I hope you enjoy it! :)

message 32: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Waugh (sandrawaugh) Apart from ALL THE TRUTH THAT'S IN ME? I get to share ARCs with other debut authors: I'm reading Alison DeCamp's MY NEAR DEATH ADVENTURES, Becky Wallace's THE STORY SPINNER and Michell Falkoff's PLAYLIST FOR THE DEAD. Lucky me :) !

message 33: by Allison (new)

Allison (theaallison) | 31 comments Mod
Made For You! :D

message 34: by maliacakes (new)

maliacakes | 3 comments I just got the books "Me Before You", "Ruby Red", and "Delirium". Are they good?

message 35: by hannah lisa (new)

hannah lisa (fabelandflower) I loved ruby red! Delirium was okay but the main character kind of got annoying after a while...

message 36: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Heltsley FREE YA Paranormal book!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Dancing-Decepti...
Dancing with Deception (Dancing, #0.5) by Andrea Heltsley

message 37: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Heltsley I just finished reading ARC's of CC Hunters Reborn, Unbreakable and Eternal!!! They were great! Definitely a trilogy to watch for this year. One more book in the series and I can't wait to read it :)

message 38: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Heltsley Ella wrote: "Shadow Kiss!"

SOOO GOOD!!!

message 39: by Anna (new)

Anna Faktorovich (anaphoraliterary) | 6 comments “Romances of George Sand” now available as a $2.99 Kindle

Oxford professor, Belinda Jack said about “Romances of George Sand”: “What a read! Not lacking in action and very imaginative.” Over 1,300 people requested this book in a GoodReads giveaway. Other positive reviews and blurbs from established scholars and writers are available on the book’s page: http://anaphoraliterary.com/catalogue.... This radical, anti-romantic, historical novel about one of the top French female literary figures, George Sand, is available in soft, hard, Kindle and Smashwords editions from various distributors. Grab a Kindle here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NP555AM. The author is readily available for interviews, for emailing review copies and other projects related to this book. Send notes to director@anaphoraliterary.com. Anna Faktorovich is the Director of Anaphora Literary Press, which has released over 100 titles by different authors.
The Romances of George Sand by Anna Faktorovich
Anna Faktorovich

Andrea wrote: "Ella wrote: "Shadow Kiss!"

SOOO GOOD!!!"

It is SOOO GOOD :D

message 41: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Conway (theowlerybooks) Please Help Me Save My Used Book Store
If you could take a moment of your time to watch my video or visit my Go Fund Me Page both listed below. I am trying desperately to save my local used book store~ Thank you so much! Even if you cannot donate please share the video or the Go Fund Me Page every little bit helps!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcTVt...

Go Fund Me Page: http://www.gofundme.com/cy73z4
My contact information: Elizabeth
Phone: 407-218-9500
E-mail: Zizzy718@gmail.com

message 42: by Leydy (new)

Leydy (leydylaura) | 3 comments 3 Boxes of BOOKS giveaway!!

Click links below 2 enter:

Twitter | Instagram | FB

message 43: by Leydy (new)

Leydy (leydylaura) | 3 comments Click to enter!

message 44: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 13 comments Does anybody know what will we be reading for the month of November?! I have just ordered The Young Elites by Marie Lu and hoping I can read for the end of this month!!

message 45: by summer (new)

summer (stateofiction) I have a suggestion for a book you should read! You should read Escape From Eden! It was so good!

message 46: by Emily (new)

Emily | 4 comments Hi guys! :) I just joined and I am super excited!

message 47: by cabbage (new)

cabbage (cabbagels) Hey,

Has anyone read the Game of Thrones book? If yes, is it good? :)

message 48: by cabbage (new)

cabbage (cabbagels) by the way!

i don't know if anyone had recommended this book, but 'half bad' is just amazing!!

message 49: by cabbage (new)

cabbage (cabbagels) by the way!

i don't know if anyone had recommended this book, but 'half bad' is just amazing!!

message 50: by Emily (new)

Emily | 4 comments Yes, I have! If you like the show, you'll enjoy the books.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6