Horror Aficionados discussion

Violet Eyes
This topic is about Violet Eyes
49 views
Buddy Reads > Violet Eyes - Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Katy Mann | 895 comments Hi. This thread is for a Buddy Read of Violet Eyes by John Everson.

If anyone is interested in joining, please chime in.


Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 5831 comments Mod
I'd love to join in this one!


Katy Mann | 895 comments Kimberly wrote: "I'd love to join in this one!"

Glad to have you!


Katy Mann | 895 comments This one to me read like an old-fashioned, creature feature movie.

Lots of fun.


Kate | 3520 comments This is a great read. Hope you guys enjoy it.


Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 5831 comments Mod
Katy wrote: "This one to me read like an old-fashioned, creature feature movie.

Lots of fun."


Have you finished already? LOL!


Katy Mann | 895 comments Kimberly wrote: "Katy wrote: "This one to me read like an old-fashioned, creature feature movie.

Lots of fun."

Have you finished already? LOL!"


Well, we were in the Buddy Read thread, and I wasn't sure how to get a discussion started. I didn't know I could just start a new thread until I found the group thread and read it.

But yes, I did get into it. Kind of a had-to-know-what-happened-next thing, LOL!

Creepy crawlies...


Natasa (natasa79) | 353 comments I'd love to join in on this one but I'm sure I'd not have the book. I'll try to find out who has it maybe they'd be willing to lend it...


Katy Mann | 895 comments Natasa wrote: "I'd love to join in on this one but I'm sure I'd not have the book. I'll try to find out who has it maybe they'd be willing to lend it..."

Hi. I have it. I haven't done a lend on Kindle before, but if you know how, let me know. Send me a PM.


11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments Violet Eyes
Are watching you
Violet Eyes!!!
Are watching you watching you watching you

I haven't started yet so all I have to offer is one mangled chorus from The Police but I promise to come more prepared next time.


Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 5831 comments Mod
11811 (Eleven) wrote: "Violet Eyes
Are watching you
Violet Eyes!!!
Are watching you watching you watching you

I haven't started yet so all I have to offer is one mangled chorus from The Police but I promise to come more..."

I have one to finish before starting this one....


11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments I'll probably finish Bird Box first but I want to at least start this one to see if I'm capable of enjoying a John Everson novel. Big challenge for me but well respected sources assure me this is a good one so I'm still psyched about it.


message 13: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Eleven, you crack me up! Im sure you'll enjoy this. Heard alot of great things about it. Plus the one before this, somethin lagoon was really good.


11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments You haven't read it? You should join us. I hear there may be spiders.


message 15: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy Mann | 895 comments 11811 (Eleven) wrote: "Violet Eyes
Are watching you
Violet Eyes!!!
Are watching you watching you watching you

I haven't started yet so all I have to offer is one mangled chorus from The Police but I promise to come more..."


It is Creepy-Crawlie fun. Warning - nothing is off limits in this book.

But it's like watching a creature features movie. Have popcorn and soda ready, and be ready to spill both and scream...


message 16: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy Mann | 895 comments Addy wrote: "Eleven, you crack me up! Im sure you'll enjoy this. Heard alot of great things about it. Plus the one before this, somethin lagoon was really good."

11811 (Eleven) wrote: "I'll probably finish Bird Box first but I want to at least start this one to see if I'm capable of enjoying a John Everson novel. Big challenge for me but well respected sources assure me this is a..."

Welcome and thanks for joining in!


message 17: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy Mann | 895 comments Kimberly wrote: "11811 (Eleven) wrote: "Violet Eyes
Are watching you
Violet Eyes!!!
Are watching you watching you watching you

I haven't started yet so all I have to offer is one mangled chorus from The Police but..."


Welcome and thanks for joining in!


message 18: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments I'd join but too many books right now. Isn't that like a syndrome or something....lol.


11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments Yes it is. I have five going on my currently reading list but it's actually a little higher than that. It's either a syndrome or disease or something I should see a doctor about.


message 20: by Addy (new)

Addy | 4989 comments Oh god eleven....totally, get that checked out!


message 21: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy Mann | 895 comments Addy wrote: "Oh god eleven....totally, get that checked out!"

Hey, come play with us anyway!

We got spiders over here...


11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments Addy wrote: "Oh god eleven....totally, get that checked out!"

Lol


11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments I hit the 10% mark and I think I'll be liking this one. It has that cheesy 80's horror movie thing going on. Good stuff.


Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 5831 comments Mod
Starting today....


11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments Kimberly wrote: "Starting today...."

Late!

Excused.

Solved.


Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 5831 comments Mod
11811 (Eleven) wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Starting today...."

Late!

Excused.

Solved."

Are you insinuating that I am no longer welcome to participate??? :(


11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments If I insinuated that then I'm a dick and deserved to be stoned Old Testament style.

Go ahead. Give me your best throw. If I intercept and backboard it from half court we have to call it even. If not then we'll need horror attorneys.


11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments hmmm... looking up horror attorneys... not much out there... we may need to split it.


Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 5831 comments Mod
11811 (Eleven) wrote: "hmmm... looking up horror attorneys... not much out there... we may need to split it."

(I'm too busy reading to respond) ;)


11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments Kimberly wrote: "(I'm too busy reading to respond) ;)"

Are you planning to tear right through this one? I'm at around 20% and could easily stick with it until the end. I'm having fun. It's gross. But fun.


message 31: by Tiffany (new) - added it

Tiffany King (tifking73) | 80 comments Is it too late to join in on this buddy read???


11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments Tiffany wrote: "Is it too late to join in on this buddy read???"

It's not too late at all. I'm still under the 25% mark. Welcome aboard.


Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 5831 comments Mod
Tiffany wrote: "Is it too late to join in on this buddy read???"

I just started yesterday :)


message 34: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy Mann | 895 comments Tiffany wrote: "Is it too late to join in on this buddy read???"

Please jump right in! But be aware, there's spiders!


message 35: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy Mann | 895 comments 11811 (Eleven) wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "(I'm too busy reading to respond) ;)"

Are you planning to tear right through this one? I'm at around 20% and could easily stick with it until the end. I'm having fun. It's gros..."


It is fun.


11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 1561 comments 40% (view spoiler)


message 37: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy Mann | 895 comments 11811 (Eleven) wrote: "40% [spoilers removed]"

Very wrong.


back to top