What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young Adult, Fantasy/Sci-Fi, Group enters game to save daughter of its developer, 3-4 Book Series. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sanketh (new)

Sanketh Bhat | 1 comments This is a book series I read as a kid, so it was definitely published before 2010, maybe even before 2006 but not sure. The first book was about how a group of kids/friends/people (unsure) enter a virtual world/ simulation/video game where they must save the daughter of the developer of the world. The world is fantasy themed and they have to solve puzzles to progress through the world. There is a lake then a forest and a kingdom after the forest. I also remember there being small monkey like creatures called chatterboxes. The forest also had 2 creatures that presented a riddle the players had to solve to progress.

In the second book they enter the world again, but a number of years has passed in the world like Narnia, and they find a friend from the last book who is now much older. I don't remember much about the other books,

It was set in the present day and the "players" are in a lab or facility before they enter the world.

Otherland, Killobyte and Heir apparent are similar books but not the same as this one from my research.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
Winter by Rod Rees?

Sanketh, can you describe the real world - realistic and contemporary, future Earth, steampunk, etc.?

Can you tell us more about the daughter - her age, is she stuck/trapped/kidnapped, skills/powers, personality, any romance, etc.?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
Sanketh, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Winter (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rod Rees (other topics)