Authors-Readers Connect discussion

It All Started (Zournal, #1)
This topic is about It All Started
Horror/Suspense/Thriller/Mystery > An Insanely Fast Paced Post Apocalytpic Zombie Romp

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

R.S. Merritt | 12 comments Check out the Zournal series. A 6 book series following the adventures of a man who works his way across the country with a group of unique people he picks up along the way.

It All Started (Zournal, #1) by R.S. Merritt Cruising the 'Poc (Zournal #2) by R.S. Merritt Scorched Earth (Zournal #3) by R.S. Merritt Feeling Lucky? (Zournal #5) by R.S. Merritt Reap What You Sow (Zournal #4) by R.S. Merritt The Final Countdown (Zournal #6) by R.S. Merritt

message 2: by David (new)

David Kummer | 626 comments Mod
Wow! 6 books is a tall task. How long did it take you to finish the series?

R.S. Merritt | 12 comments It was about a year. I was actually sitting here right now thinking about starting a new Zombie series after I wrap up this Fantasy series I've been working on. Now I'm thinking I might add a Book 7 to the Zournal series as my next project instead. I really love the characters and the world in that series and am just wondering if it'd be weird trying to do another one since it's going to be similar in many aspects. It'd be fun revisiting that one and doing something like 'One Year Later'. There was a lot of stuff still going on in that world where we left off at. I've always liked reading about the way people survive after the world's ended.

message 4: by David (new)

David Kummer | 626 comments Mod
That's very interesting. I'm sure any readers wouldn't mind a Book 7 :) Or if not, you could do some kind of spin-off

R.S. Merritt | 12 comments From the Author of "The Zournal" series comes a horrifying new series that'll grab you by the throat and take you on a crazy thrill ride through the Apocalypse. In this first book stand with our heroes as Zombies overrun the planet. Watch as normal people have to deal with extraordinary circumstances. How far will they go to protect their loved ones? The Apocalypse will cause some to stand a little taller. They'll need to reach deep within themselves to keep their humanity intact. Others will collapse under the weight of it. Still others will seize on it to prey on their fellow man.

Fast paced and written with an eye for detail. You'll really be able to see yourself with the characters in this story. Fighting the fight along with them. Experience Zombies!

Zombies! Book 2: Against The Current now available on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

A Small World (Zombies! #1) by R.S. Merritt . Against the Current (Zombies! #2) by R.S. Merritt

message 6: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 206 comments I've also seen you promoting this series in the Horror Aficionados group. They sound great! Congrats!

R.S. Merritt | 12 comments Thanks Justin. Appreciate the positive feedback :-)

R.S. Merritt | 12 comments Looking for a Zombie series that's fast paced with dashes of humor and plenty of adventure? Jump on the Zournal Train!

It All Started (Zournal #1) by R.S. Merritt Cruising the 'Poc (Zournal #2) by R.S. Merritt Scorched Earth (Zournal #3) by R.S. Merritt Feeling Lucky? (Zournal #5) by R.S. Merritt The Final Countdown (Zournal #6) by R.S. Merritt Reap What You Sow (Zournal #4) by R.S. Merritt

Available on Amazon in soft-cover, on Kindle, On KUL and soon to be released on Audible!

https://www.amazon.com/Zournal-Book-1...

Steve wakes up one morning after a horrible couple of weeks in which he's lost his girlfriend, his job, his savings and the majority of his self-respect. Dragging himself out of bed he sleepily wanders over to the window with a warm bottled water and a handful of Advil. Looking out of his apartment window he sees people running around crazily and a bunch of burning shrubbery. He decides to go back to sleep and see if it all goes away. When he wakes up the next time it turns out the view from his fourth floor apartment wasn't a nightmare. Armed with a blunt samurai sword and some stolen steak knives he ventures out into the fray.

These aren't your standard Zombies but Steve isn't your standard Zombie fighter either. Join him in book 1 as he heads out to check on his parents and try to survive in a world that's gone crazy...

Book 1 - "It all started"
Book 2 - "Cruising The 'Poc"
Book 3 - "Scorched Earth"
Book 4 - "Reap What You Sow"
Book 5 - "Feeling Lucky?"
Book 6 - "The Final Countdown"

*** Updated Edition With Updated Cover and Content Updates ***

Enjoy!!!