Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Monday Puzzler > Monday Puzzler 4 August 2014

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2052 comments Mod
*posting early*

One of my favorite scenes in a story is when the Hero and Heroine finally admit and give into the feelings and emotions between them. I loved this particular scene in this book! It's sweet and tender. A tiny hint- it's paranormal romance, and this story originally came out as the first of a three part novella series.

His smile faded as he stared at her with his intense moonlight blue eyes. "I wanted to come sooner."

"You're here now."

His brow furrowed as he looked away from her. "I'm no' sure what it is about you, but I can no' stop thinking of you."

"And that's a bad thing?" she asked with a grin.

Heroes pale blue eyes met hers. "Nay. Just...curious."

"You make it sound as if you haven't felt anything for a woman before."

"I have no'. No' in...years."

She wanted to laugh off his words, but the truth of them was shining in his beautiful eyes. It was difficult to believe, impossible to comprehend.

"There are things about me I can no' tell you, Heroine, no matter how much I want to. Can you accept that?"

"Are you married?"

He shook his head.

"Are you some kind of criminal?"

This time he gave a slight smile as he shook his head. She was crazy even to listen to him, foolish to consider allowing him into her life more than he already was. But to refuse him would be like throwing herself into the giant black hole of misery she has nearly fallen in while in Arizona after losing her job and running out of money.

His gaze never wavered as they stared at each other. The attraction, primal and wild, was there, but the glance also held more. If only Heroine dared to reach out and take it,

If only she dared to open herself to Hero.

"Then I can accept it." she whispered.

His smile was slow, but soon spread across his face, crinkling the corners of his eyes. "I know I ask a lot, but I can no' walk away from what is between us. You feel it, do you no'?"

"Yes." Why was her voice so breathy and her breathing so ragged? Hero was across the kitchen, yet it was like invisible strings had wound around them, tying them together.

He came around the island gradually, as if he expected her to bolt at any moment. The way her heart hammered in her chest and her body heated as he neared, there was no way she could move.

A part of her brain advised her to run a way, because she instinctively knew that whatever secrets Hero had could be dangerous.

But she couldn't deny the attraction, couldn't deny him. It was as if all her life she had been waiting to find him.

And there he was.

Tall, dark, and wickedly handsome.

Everything her mother had warned her about. But everything most women fell for.

Heroine swallowed as he closed the distance between them. She only had to lift her hand and she cold lay it on the thick sinew of his chest.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"A man who will do anything for another kiss."

"Just a kiss?"

"Nay. I want it all, but I'll take whatever you give me."

The world faded away as his head bent to her. A dark lock of hair fell forward and tickled her cheek. Heroes pale blue eyes ensnared her, trapped her. Captured her.

And then his lips were on hers.

message 2: by Phoenix77 (new)

Phoenix77 | 346 comments I don't know this one but I'm looking forward to the reveal.

message 3: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2065 comments Mod
I have no idea

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments I feel like I've read this before, and if I have, I loved this book, if not it sounds like I will (:

message 5: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
Since it is a paranormal, I'm sure I haven't read it, but it's a great scene.

message 6: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2052 comments Mod
This weeks Monday Puzzler is: Dark Craving by Donna Grant.