75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
Book Buddies Harry Potter SERIES > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elyse, Moderator (last edited Jul 05, 2018 05:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 8026 comments Mod
This thread is to talk about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the seventh book in the Harry Potter series!

Intro Questions:
Are you reading or are you listening?
How many times have you read this?
How many times have you listened to this?
Have you watched the movie?

message 2: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Are you reading or are you listening? Listening
How many times have you read this? Once!
How many times have you listened to this? First time
Have you watched the movie? Once in theaters!

This is obviously the book I'm least familiar with and I'm excited to re-read (listen) to it!

Stacie (stacieh) | 1825 comments Elyse wrote: "Are you reading or are you listening? Listening
How many times have you read this? Once!
How many times have you listened to this? First time
Have you watched the movie? Once in theaters!

This is ..."
I remember when it came out- I took a vacation day from work for the following day because I suspected I'd be up late reading it. Turns out that I read it straight through the night, in a single sitting, and as soon as I finished the last page I immediately turned back to the first and started over, reading more slowly to savor it this time. My co-workers thought I was nuts! I'm looking forward to this re-read, but it won't be until some time in the new year. *sigh*

message 4: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

This is about deaths. Kind of. lol. If you haven't read Deathly Hallows at all, don't read my spoilers.

Ok so I teared up when (view spoiler) But I CRIED when (view spoiler)

Stacie (stacieh) | 1825 comments Elyse wrote: "This is about deaths. Kind of. lol. If you haven't read Deathly Hallows at all, don't read my spoilers.

Ok so I teared up when [spoilers removed] But I CRIED when [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler) wrecked me. There are literal tear stains on the page at that point. I teared up (view spoiler) And I just sobbed the whole way through (view spoiler) OMG...

message 6: by Elyse, Moderator (last edited Dec 07, 2018 04:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aaaaand alternating between smiling so hard my face hurts and crying on the ride home. lol. Feeling so proud for my favorite characters (view spoiler) and sobbing over others' deaths. (view spoiler) I should not have listened to this one. I should have read it, to take my time when I knew these things were coming. I'm on Chapter 32 and I think I'm going to pull out my hardcover book and curl up on the couch to finish it.