What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Horror/Psychological, dream/witch/baby. Possible Spoilers.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Thompson | 1 comments It was around 2008/9 when I read this. I think I loaned it from the school library, but that doesn't mean it was YA as they had things like Candy by Kevin Brooks in there and I loaned that when I was 12. I think I was 13/14 when I read this book.

I remember being very disturbed by this scene in particular, which is why it has stayed with me, but it's all I have to go on! Sorry.

The scene I recall:
A girl or woman is dreaming. There's a witch/demon(?) (that's actually a real thing outside of the dream, paranormal) in the dream, and a baby in a cradle (dreamer's son or baby brother). The baby is crying and the witch is going to comfort the baby, but it's more sinister than that of course, she is getting closer to the baby and the baby seems to cry less (I think!!), dreamer can't stop it happening. Then the dreamer awakes and goes to check on the baby in his cot. I think the baby looked cold/dead/blue, but I cannot remember whether that was just another dream within a dream, or if it was reality at that point.

I don't think it was a well-known book, otherwise I think I would have found it by now. It's been bugging me for years!

message 2: by CrazyUnicorn (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 225 comments This scene kinda reminds me about Rosemary's baby by Ira Levin.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36590 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin - Luci's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=qTh... There are different cover images.

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments Maybe Ariel? The reviews mention (and I'm paraphrasing) 'a shadowy woman seen before the baby is found dead in its cot', and the plot description mentions dreams.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36590 comments Mod
Note: Chloe (OP) was last active on the site in August 2019.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40648 comments Mod
Chloe, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Rosemary's Baby (other topics)
Ariel (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ira Levin (other topics)