2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

Leah on the Offbeat (Simonverse, #3)
This topic is about Leah on the Offbeat
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2018 > Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood #2)

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (last edited Jul 30, 2018 11:41AM) (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss ‘s book, .

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: EIrelyn, Susy, Ilona, Joan, Shilpa, Kristy, Hanya, Missy

message 2: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 86
Week 2: 86
Week 3: 86
Week 4: 86

message 3: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ilona | 4223 comments I already finished this one, it is such a quick and adorable read.! While I had my doubts about Leah's likability in the first book, this one completely changed my opinion. I don't want to post any spoilers at this point, but Leah's behavior in the first book does make so much more sense now.

Hanya Khan (hanya_khan) | 93 comments Hey
I would like to join

message 5: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ilona | 4223 comments That is great Hanya :) When will you start reading the book?

Hanya Khan (hanya_khan) | 93 comments Ilona wrote: "That is great Hanya :) When will you start reading the book?"

I haven't read Upside of Unrequited yet so
I'll probably start reading this in third week

message 7: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ilona | 4223 comments Some of us are planning to read The Upside of Unrequited next month as a buddy read. You are of course welcome to join.

Hanya Khan (hanya_khan) | 93 comments Ilona wrote: "Some of us are planning to read The Upside of Unrequited next month as a buddy read. You are of course welcome to join."

I would love to join but am I supposed to read Upside of Unrequited before this or are they not related at all??
What I mean to ask is, can I read Leah on the Off Beat before Upside of Unrequited???

message 9: by Ilona, Global Moderator (last edited Jul 08, 2018 09:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ilona | 4223 comments Hanya wrote: "I would love to join but am I supposed to read Upside of Unrequited before this or are they not related at all??
What I mean to ask is, can I read Leah on the Off Beat before Upside of Unrequited??? "

According to Goodreads, only Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and Leah on the Offbeat are part of the Creekwood series. As far as I know The Upside of Unrequited does have some of the same characters but doesn't have to be read in between the other two books.

But you can read the books in whatever order you want and join the discussion later. You don't necessarily have to read the book in August, you can read it now ;)

So, yes, you can read Leah on the Offbeat before The Upside of Unrequited. :)

Hanya Khan (hanya_khan) | 93 comments Ilona wrote: "Hanya wrote: "I would love to join but am I supposed to read Upside of Unrequited before this or are they not related at all??
What I mean to ask is, can I read Leah on the Off Beat before Upside o..."

Thanks
I'll definitely join the discussion in August

message 11: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Hanya, I have added you to the list of participants for this buddy read and the read scheduled for August!

Hanya Khan (hanya_khan) | 93 comments Mary Pat wrote: "Hanya, I have added you to the list of participants for this buddy read and the read scheduled for August!"

Thank you :)

Missy | 26 comments I’d like to join in on this read also.

message 14: by Joan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joan Barnett | 888 comments I started this one today. I'm looking forward to this fun read.

message 15: by Susy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susy (susysstories) I'll be starting this one more towards the end of the month I think. Want to finish The Couple Next Door and The Alienist first.

Missy | 26 comments I started listening to this last night.

message 17: by Susy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susy (susysstories) Susy wrote: "I'll be starting this one more towards the end of the month I think. Want to finish The Couple Next Door and The Alienist first."

Ended up starting it last night lol

Missy | 26 comments Just finished! Another awesomely witty and fun read from the Creekwood series.

Hanya Khan (hanya_khan) | 93 comments Finished it yesterday, was a little disappointed. Leah's attitude towards her mom really bothered me.

Charity (faeryrebel78) | 1465 comments I will be starting this one tomorrow.

message 21: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ilona | 4223 comments Hanya wrote: "Finished it yesterday, was a little disappointed. Leah's attitude towards her mom really bothered me."

I am sorry to hear that. (view spoiler)

Hanya Khan (hanya_khan) | 93 comments Ilona wrote: "I am sorry to hear that.
While her attitude was not certainly nice, it gave he..."

You've got a point. I guess I won't understand unless I'm in her position. Even though I didn't like her in the start, I was glad by the way she turned out to be.

message 23: by Joan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joan Barnett | 888 comments I've read through chapter 11 so far. I would read this quicker if work wasn't so busy right now. It is a fun easy read.

(view spoiler)

message 24: by Susy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susy (susysstories) Ilona wrote: "Hanya wrote: "Finished it yesterday, was a little disappointed. Leah's attitude towards her mom really bothered me."

I am sorry to hear that.
While her attitude was..."

Yes I agree, (view spoiler)

I'm a bit confused on a few points due to my bad memory. In Simon vs..... (view spoiler)
Returned the book to the library already so I can't check it myself....

message 25: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ilona | 4223 comments Susy wrote: "I'm a bit confused on a few points due to my bad memory.."

Let's see if I remember it correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong):
(view spoiler)

message 26: by Joan (last edited Jul 22, 2018 02:17PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joan Barnett | 888 comments Ilona wrote: "Susy wrote: "I'm a bit confused on a few points due to my bad memory.."

Let's see if I remember it correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong):

I agree with Ilona about what happened in Simon. I was a little confused on those issues too though for a little bit.

I just finished the book. It didn't affect me like Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda but parts of it were still entertaining. I ended up rating it 3 stars and I rated Simon 4 stars. I thought the part was hilarious where (view spoiler)

All in all though I didn't really connect with Leah's character emotionally like I did with Simon.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.