Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Werewolf pack series

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace (gracebooksihaveread) Looking for adult werewolf pack series.

I have searched lists and groups and now I just want to see what you guys think.

I'm a bit picky... since I am so over the trope where they fall in love with a human. I'd love shifter x shifter series, or at least a paranormal being. I just read a book where a werewolf fell in love with a witch.

Thanks for any help :)

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Chanticleer (rachelchanticleer) | 37 comments Grace wrote: "Looking for adult werewolf pack series.

I have searched lists and groups and now I just want to see what you guys think.

I'm a bit picky... since I am so over the trope where they fall in love..."

Have you read the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh?

The first one, Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh , features a shifter hero and the heroine is a "Psy", a race with varying psychic abilities. I believe book 2 also has a shifter male and Psy female. ☺

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Chanticleer (rachelchanticleer) | 37 comments Also, a lot of people like Suzanne Wright's Phoenix Pack series, which definitely fits what you're looking for (shifter x shifter).

Starts with Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright .

I happened to start on the third book and wasn't able to get into it, lol. But the series is highly rated, and it's probably just me.

Cheers!

message 4: by Grace (new)

Grace (gracebooksihaveread) Thank you!! :)

message 5: by Juels (new)

Juels | 14 comments Have you tried the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs? The first book is Moon Called.

message 6: by Grace (new)

Grace (gracebooksihaveread) Juels wrote: "Have you tried the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs? The first book is Moon Called."

I read her Alpha and Omega series. It was good, but I didn't love it. I think I like more romance focused books then adventure driven.

Karen  ⚜Mess⚜ | 49 comments Rachel Vincent's Shifters series is pretty good. Although, it's about cat shifters and it's about 20 year olds.
Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent

Cecy Robson's Weird Girls series has a mix of everything.
Sealed with a Curse (Weird Girls, #1) by Cecy Robson

Dannika Dark's Seven series is about a pack, but also has human and mage.
Seven Years (Seven, #1) by Dannika Dark

Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series
Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

message 8: by Karen ⚜Mess⚜ (last edited Jul 04, 2018 10:52AM) (new)

Karen  ⚜Mess⚜ | 49 comments If you go to a book you like and look over to the right you'll see Readers also enjoyed. I'm seeing some really interesting books there!

Just discovered Brandy L. Rivers.

message 9: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 9 comments I second kelley armstrong's otherworld series. As the book series progresses its different characters but prior book characters appear throughout the series. It has werewolves, witches, warlocks, ghost, demons and vampires. Suzanne wrights phoenix series is good too but i stopped reading after i think book 5 or 6.

message 10: by kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude (last edited Jul 04, 2018 08:45PM) (new)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 392 comments Hey Grace. I'm the same as sometimes wish that there were more where both parties were 'supes' of some kind, especially two shifters.

Is it PNR rather than UF you're after? And do they have to just be wolves? I don't read many that are just wolves tbh, RAWR kitties are my jam.

A trilogy I can recommend that I've read is The Verochka Pride . In all three both male and female are shifters, big cats.

Another series is Fierce Hearts Series of 5 books where all but the female in the first book are shifters too. Really good overall series plot too.

Another that I have read, all of them (lol), is the Damon’s Mountains Collection which features all sorts of shifter types, where the men are mainly, but not always, bears and the women are sometimes human sometimes a shifter too. The list looks huge but is made up of a number of separate series that encompass the whole world and its arc. Each book is quite short too, under 200 pages with most being between 100-150. They are formulaic, but I let it pass as the author I think does wonders with her characters and the narrative and includes lots of humor, though you could pick and choose which series in the collection you were interested in just to try them out. These are all on KU as well.

Another couple of series where the men are always shifters but half(?) of the women are too Grayslake Series where the men are bears and Ridgeville Series
where the men are all (I think) lions. Both are humorous and have other shifter types too.

I've not read any of this one yet (plan to start soonish though as it's a priority for me), but the Shifters Unbound series by Jennifer Ashley might suit, which like the Damons Mountains Collection features all sorts of shifter types, Although some of the pairings are shifter male and human female, there are others where both are shifters and some where the female is the shifter and the male is the human. This is another series that I understand also has an overriding arc even though each book is a different pairing and it's own plot too,

If you do come across any series where all parties are shifters or at least sups of some kind, I'd love to know. Otherwise, I do have some standalones I could dredge up if you're interested.

message 11: by Grace (new)

Grace (gracebooksihaveread) Karen (Mess) wrote: "Rachel Vincent's Shifters series is pretty good. Although, it's about cat shifters and it's about 20 year olds.
Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent

Cecy Robson's Weird Girls series has a mix of everything. ..."

I've tried to read or have already read most of those. I thank you very much for the reply!! :)

message 12: by Grace (new)

Grace (gracebooksihaveread) Karen (Mess) wrote: "If you go to a book you like and look over to the right you'll see Readers also enjoyed. I'm seeing some really interesting books there!

Just discovered Brandy L. Rivers."

Yes! I always look there as well. I look there, at the lists, I look on bookshelves of people who read them and look at the other books the authors read! I'll check out this author you linked. THANKS! :D

message 13: by Grace (new)

Grace (gracebooksihaveread) Melanie wrote: "I second kelley armstrong's otherworld series. As the book series progresses its different characters but prior book characters appear throughout the series. It has werewolves, witches, warlocks, g..."

I've read the series and watched the tv series Bitten it was based on.. love it!

message 14: by Grace (new)

Grace (gracebooksihaveread) Herekittykitty wrote: "Hey Grace. I'm the same as sometimes wish that there were more where both parties were 'supes' of some kind, especially two shifters.

Is it PNR rather than UF you're after? And do they have to ju..."

WOW! Thanks so much, I'll check out these suggestions.

I like more romance focused books, so I suppose PNR :)

I can look at my list to see if I have any books I can suggest for you! :)

message 15: by Grace (last edited Jul 05, 2018 06:58AM) (new)

Grace (gracebooksihaveread) Herekittykitty wrote: "Hey Grace. I'm the same as sometimes wish that there were more where both parties were 'supes' of some kind, especially two shifters.

Is it PNR rather than UF you're after? And do they have to ju..."

Here are some I can suggest to you from my read list:

Alphas' Mate by Leah Brooke
Croc and the Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3) by Eve Langlais
Bunny and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #1) by Eve Langlais
Curves for the Werewolf by Cassie Laurent
Mate of the Alpha by Marie Mason
A Mate for the Beta (Grey Wolf Pack, #1) by E.A. Price
The Omega's Mate (Grey Wolf Pack, #8) by E.A. Price
Claimed by the Alphas Part One by Viola Rivard
Single Wolf Female (Midnight Liaisons, #2.6) by Jessica Sims
Animal Attraction (Neuri Chronicles, #1) by Charlene Teglia

Hope this somewhat helps :)

message 16: by kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude (last edited Jul 05, 2018 12:18PM) (new)

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 392 comments Back at'cha Grace! Thanks :)

As you seem to like funnies too, have you tried any Shelley Laurenston? Some of hers are HILARIOUS!

message 17: by Grace (new)

Grace (gracebooksihaveread) Herekittykitty wrote: "Back at'cha Grace! Thanks :)

As you seem to like funnies too, have you tried any Shelley Laurenston? Some of hers are HILARIOUS!"

I've tried to read some of her, but I can't find them anywhere. Sometimes it hard for me to find the books I want to read.

You're welcome.. Glad I could help

message 18: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited Sep 29, 2018 03:51AM) (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 58 comments Grace wrote: "Looking for adult werewolf pack series.

So many great suggestions that I agree with. Suzanne Wright, Nalini Singh, and Shelly Laurenston in particular. Also, authors that write a lot of wolf+witch or interspecies/forbidden pairings are some of my faves. Bianca D'arc has many, R.E. Butler, Heather Long, Carrie Ann Ryan, and Bryce Evans.

BUT, my absolute favorites are by Lauren Dane.

Revelation (de La Vega Cats, #2) by Lauren Dane Revelation by Lauren Dane has a great alpha heroine (witch+jaguar)

Tri Mates (Cascadia Wolves, #2) by Lauren Dane Tri-Mates has a strong alpha female, but it's a menage. Other favorites are lined up below.

Also, you said you're over shifter+human, I can totally understand that, but I have to mention the Alpha Pack series by JD Tyler, if you haven't heard of it. The heroine of the 1st book "Primal Law" is human but she's not annoying and of course she converts. But what makes it a great book are the supporting characters and the strange creature sidekicks (Blue and Chup-Chup)!

Wolf Hills (Lords of the Were Universe, #10; Brotherhood of Blood, #5) by Bianca D'Arc , Revelation (de La Vega Cats, #2) by Lauren Dane , Desert Wolf (Wolves of Willow Bend, #8) by Heather Long , Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4; Poconos Pack, #0.4) by Dana Marie Bell , Primal Law (Alpha Pack #1) by J.D. Tyler , Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright , Trinity Bound (Redwood Pack, #2) by Carrie Ann Ryan , Hungry Like a Wolf (The Others, #8) by Christine Warren , The Beast in Him (Pride, #2) by Shelly Laurenston , Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2) by Terry Spear , Treasured Find (Royal-Kagan Shifter World, #1) by Nancy Corrigan , Once Forgotten Twice Loved (Love of a Shifter #1) by Bryce Evans , Tri Mates (Cascadia Wolves, #2) by Lauren Dane , A Mate's Submission (Ozark Mountain Shifters, #4) by P. Jameson

message 19: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Jayne JD Tyler's Alpha Pack Series is pretty good

message 20: by Grace (new)

Grace (gracebooksihaveread) Amy*skye.rhyme wrote: "Grace wrote: "Looking for adult werewolf pack series.

I'm a bit picky... since I am so over the trope where the..."

Thank you!!!

message 21: by Grace (new)

Grace (gracebooksihaveread) Victoria wrote: "JD Tyler's Alpha Pack Series is pretty good"

Thanks!

message 22: by Niki (new)

Niki Trento | 1 comments if you are still interested in this style...I have written the Seasons of the Wolf series (books 1,2, and 2.2 are out now). Starts with Summer of the Alpha, Autumn of the Beta, and the Halloween novella released today called All Axel's Eve

message 23: by BJ (last edited Nov 01, 2020 12:39AM) (new)

BJ (barbararhodes) | 53 comments I loved this series, it's more 'adult' than others perhaps, especially book 4 with a h who was unlikeable. Now we understand more about her life. Loved the series, and just waiting for book 5 to be available. First book is Basic Instinct by Jasmin Quinn.

message 24: by BJ (new)

BJ (barbararhodes) | 53 comments What about Cherise Sinclair's Wild Hunt Legacy series? Book 1 Hour of the Lion.

message 25: by BJ (new)

BJ (barbararhodes) | 53 comments Kathy Lyons has a series, book 1 is human and shifter H, but after than there are more shifter /shifter stories. The Bear Who Loved Me

message 26: by BookLoverrr (new)

BookLoverrr | 17 comments Grace wrote: "Looking for adult werewolf pack series.

I recommend 'FROST MOONS AND GOLDEN APPLES'

Frost Moons and Golden Apples (#1) by Michelle Chambers Frost Moons and Golden Apples (#2) by Michelle Chambers Frost Moons and Golden Apples Book Three by Michelle Chambers

kittykat AKA Ms. Tortitude | 392 comments Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1) by T.J. Klune Ravensong (Green Creek, #2) by T.J. Klune Lovesong (Green Creek #2.5) by T.J. Klune Heartsong (Green Creek, #3) by T.J. Klune Feralsong (Green Creek #3.5) by T.J. Klune Lovesong Part II (Green Creek #3.6) by T.J. Klune Brothersong (Green Creek, #4) by T.J. Klune I can't express how amazing this series is. It's heartwrenching AND heartwarming and at times really funny despite the angst. One of my fav series' period by one of my fav authors period. It has an overarching plot but also each book contains it's individual love story too.

The first one does start with a human MC, but over time you discover that he is so much more than a human. The second is a werewolf and a witch, the third is two wolves as is the forth and all the in-between shorts are various POVs which enhance the series overall.

Steal Her Heart (Kaid Ranch Shifters, #1) by T.S. Joyce Gentry (Wolves of Winter's Edge, #1) by T.S. Joyce these are two firsts in series by one of my go-to authors for short (novella length) PNR's. The author has a huge backlist include a 'unviverse' world that includes many different types of shifters, but these ones here re mainly wolves.

message 28: by Cozen (new)

Cozen | 482 comments And how did Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark get left off of this thread.

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night 17 books of all sorts of mix match up Lore people. Wolf and valkyrie, wolf and witch, vamps and ghost. There’s something for everyone in this series.

message 29: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (track_star24) | 22 comments Have you tried?:

NJ Walters - Legacy series or The Salvation Pack series

Paige Tyler - Special Wolf Alpha Team series (SWAT) or Special Threat Assessment Team series

Lori Handeland - Nightcreature series, it's pretty old the books might be hard to find

CT Adams & Cathy Clamp - A Tale of the Sazi series also a pretty old series

Bianca D'Arc and Lori Leigh also have shifter series you might like.

I hope you find a new series to enjoy.

message 30: by Yogi (new)

Yogi Rogers | 8 comments Hey Grace,
Suzanne Wright has 2 series you may like: The Phoenix Pack and The Mercury Pack. Lots of wolf action and comradery.

Also Alisa Woods did a 3 book series called The River Pack Wolves which is good.

If you like leopards and don't mind sexy, aggressive men you can look at Christine Feehan's Leopard series. This series comes with a warning though....

message 31: by BookLoverrr (new)

BookLoverrr | 17 comments Grace wrote: "Looking for adult werewolf pack series.

Frost Moons and Golden Apples by Michelle Chambers
Norse mythology, werewolves, vampires, magic and romance!

Frost Moons and Golden Apples (#1) by Michelle Chambers Frost Moons and Golden Apples (#2) by Michelle Chambers Frost Moons and Golden Apples Book Three by Michelle Chambers