2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > TBR Twins, July

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Hi everyone! Here are your twins for July. Please reach out to your twin to choose a book to read. Let us know what you've picked, and when you're finished, come back to let us know what you thought.

If you do not hear back from your twin in a few days (responses may be delayed with the US holiday this week), post in this thread and pair up with someone else who did not hear back.

Happy reading!

Brittany (msg 53)
Miriam

Steph
Claire

Kat
Sarah

Dianne
Mani

Consuelo
Deborah

Vanessa
Rowan

Sherry
Neelam

Tammie
Heather

Shilpa
Alice (Astell)

Vicky
Simon

Faye
Stephanie (msg 40)

Danielle
Nurai

Katie
Sara

*Amber*
Haley

wintersap
Missy

Alexandra
Milena

Fatima
Jhuma

Allie
Jennifer

Karen
jb

Jenny
Janneke

Elii.
Alison

Elizabeth (msg 49)
Joelle

Shari
Reyna

Michelle
Lyfranka

Jo
Erin

Subhasree
Elizabeth (msg 20)

Mikayla
Amanda

Gina
Ingrid

Stephanie (msg 64)
Laura

Gail
Harsha

Brittany (msg 10)
Stefani SpelingExpirt

Ramya
Kara

message 2: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments How to compare books:

1. Go to your twin's profile and click "compare books"

2. In the top right corner, set the "common shelves" to "to read." If you or your partner keeps the TBR list somewhere other than the "to read" shelf, then you can use the two fields under that to compare books.

This should give you a neat list of everything you have in common.

message 3: by Jhuma (new)

Jhuma Khan (jhumaaaa) Fatima and I are going to read Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda.

message 4: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Jhuma, I just finished that one, and it was so lovely.

message 5: by Steph (new)

Steph V | 58 comments Claire and I will be reading Two Steps Forward.

message 6: by Jhuma (new)

Jhuma Khan (jhumaaaa) Kara wrote: "Jhuma, I just finished that one, and it was so lovely."

I can feel it already that I'm gonna love it. I have only been hearing good things about this book. Unfortunately, we have to wait a few days before we can begin. Books arrive late to where I live.

message 7: by Consuelo (new)

Consuelo | 190 comments Deborah and I will be reading A Discovery of Witches

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellebilodeau) | 28 comments Lyfranka and I will be reading Bitten

message 9: by jb (new)

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) | 80 comments Karen and I will be reading The Hypnotist.

message 10: by Tammie (last edited Jul 05, 2018 06:37AM) (new)

Tammie Tackett heather and I pick The Diabolic

message 13: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Mck. (diannemck) | 57 comments Mani and I are going to read The Night Circus Erin Morgenstern

message 14: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Dianne, that’s one of my all-time favorites. Hope you both enjoy!

message 15: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Mck. (diannemck) | 57 comments Kara-I’m pulled in already!

message 16: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Neelam and I decided on The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead

message 17: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 65 comments Janneke and i are reading Legend by Marie Lu

message 18: by Emmanuel (new)

Emmanuel Ayeni (emmandus) | 4 comments cool

message 19: by Sherry (last edited Jul 29, 2018 07:10PM) (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Neelam and I decided on The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1) by Richelle Mead by Richelle Mead

We both enjoyed the book where it features strong female characters (as in more than just the main character) who struggled in the face of adversity and did the best to survive. However, we both were able to predict what would happen next (I guess the author made it easy for the readers to guess what will be next). We both love love love the friendship between the 3 strong female even though they are rivals. They "despite the competition they still managed to overcome their difficulties" according to Neelam.

Highly recommend for a YA fantasy book. Can't wait for the next book in this trilogy.